Necrons Hidden in Plain Sight

An area for players to gather and communicate about the club or Warhammer in general. If you aren't sure where a topic should go, start here.
Draaen
Name: Mark
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Tau, White Scars, Tyranids (Nidzilla)

Necrons Hidden in Plain Sight

Postby Draaen » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:48 am

So one of the things GW does that I always appreciate is hiding dudes and details in plain sight in some of their release pictures. So I decided to take a closer look at some of the background details. Maybe everyone else has seen this but I thought it was cool. This may be a bit of reading tea leaves but it is fun.

Probably the most obvious is the little reactor buildings in the back. Terrain? Maybe. They do look very similar so might be a fortification kit. Like a Gauss generator or something would be pretty sweet.

So then I took a look at the monoliths. Notice the little turrets on the close up one we get a lot of details. The gun on the far right gives a fairly distinct angular silhouette.

The Monolith in the background is rather blurry and so no real good details are apparent. However the silhouette is pretty well flat without those extreme angles we saw in the close up. So I think the monolith is going to finally get some weapon options.

Lastly I think I found an assasin bot skulking around the back lictor style.

He's got the same mono eye as the necron assassins. Probably the same kit as the new korpekh lord. Which is why I think he is an assassin. Although he does have that big bulb on the back so maybe he is more of a support dude and I am reading into the mono eye thing too much.

Pretty cool stuff to think about. I personally hope that we do have an assassin bot slinking around. Especially clever seen he is literally right above the what is that arrow that is pointing at the giant walker.
Game Preferences:
Current Beta rules in effect
I'm happy to play lower points levels with people who are staring out or building up new forces
spruter
Name: Seth Pruter
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Sisters of Battle, Blood Angels

Re: Necrons Hidden in Plain Sight

Postby spruter » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:53 am

I'm very excited to see the new necrons in action. I remember playing someone with a monolith and terrified that it would wipe me (played Dawn of war and hoo boy those were scary to fight). I then killed it turn 1 and just felt bad. I hope they make Necrons scary and the monolith weapons do more.
Sandtiger
Name: Tomas Q.
Experience Level: Experienced
Armies: Space Wolves, Salamanders

Postby Sandtiger » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:11 pm

No man you did the right thing killing it turn 1. Monoliths that get out of control are bad.
Connman234
Officer
Name: Spencer Connell
Experience Level: Intermediate
Armies: Marines, Ad-Mech, Zerkers, Necrons, Nids

Postby Connman234 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:27 pm

spruter wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:53 am
I hope they make Necrons scary and the monolith weapons do more.
You and me both!
"Let Justice be Done. Though the Heavens Fall"

afmondra
Name: Antonio Mondragon
Experience Level: Novice
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Necrons, dark eldar

Postby afmondra » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:54 pm

wéll be back!