Magnetizing the Repulsor

The place to go for paint pledges or hobby discussion.
Anacrucis
Name: Dave R
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual
Armies: BA, RG, IoM, Nids, Eldar

Magnetizing the Repulsor

Postby Anacrucis » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:08 pm

Haven’t really been gung-ho on the magnets lately but it looked so easy on this kit. Only issue was the hull front turret but I think I solved that.
2D0CADB3-B88B-477F-B9EE-BB70677E19BB.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anacrucis

Re: Magnetizing the Repulsor

Postby Anacrucis » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:25 am

So as a follow up on the above - I was looking through the instructions more closely and it looks like the main turret main weapon may be an issue. Does anyone have any experience with that or thoughts on it? I have a pred where I just magnetized the top and bottom pieces of the turret itself so I could pull it apart and swap the weapon, but I’m not super happy with that. The gun mount is a little floppy and the join between the turret pieces is a little too obvious. I’m trying to up my modelcraft game on this model more than my actual game game.
Connman234
Officer
Name: Spencer Connell
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Marines, Ad-Mech, Zerkers, Necrons, Nids

Postby Connman234 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:36 am

The best I can do with the main gun is snip the nubs at the end of the gun (the part that normally goes inside the turret), and then that makes it easy to switch. The targeting bit that normally goes on the gun, can go right above it with a little bit of snipping.
"Let Justice be Done. Though the Heavens Fall"

Anacrucis

Postby Anacrucis » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:33 am

Connman234 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:36 am
The best I can do with the main gun is snip the nubs at the end of the gun (the part that normally goes inside the turret), and then that makes it easy to switch. The targeting bit that normally goes on the gun, can go right above it with a little bit of snipping.
That’s not a bad idea. Though looking at the turret construction it wouldn’t be too hard to just magnetize the top and bottom halves to come apart and the join would not be visible.

But replacing the pivot nubs with magnets has an elegance that I’m now considering ...