What I've been working on lately

The place to go for paint pledges or hobby discussion.
Sandtiger
Name: Tomas Q.
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Space Wolves, Salamanders

Re: What I've been working on lately

Postby Sandtiger » Wed May 10, 2017 1:34 am

Ragnar is now fully done and mounted on his base! I am happy with it. I kept the bomb beneath his feet simple because while I really liked the way that it was in the picture on the box (yellow with black markings on it) I don't at all trust my hands to be able to freehand things like that. Maybe someday I'll go back and actually freehand something on there, or put on some of the transfers that come in the boxes.
Ragnar1.jpg
Ragnar2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sandtiger on Wed May 10, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WaaaghDynasty
Name: Andrew McLellan
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Necron, AOrks, Tyranids, GSC, 30k Iron H

Postby WaaaghDynasty » Wed May 10, 2017 8:02 am

Looking sharp! The red on the base makes a nice contrast.

"***Ragnar, hold your position, it’s suicide to attack now! ***Ragnar? ***Wolf Lord Blackmane, in the name of Russ and the Allfather, as your liege lord I command you to hold your position! By Russ, he’s going to charge...***"
Humans need fantasy to be Human. -Death
Sandtiger

Postby Sandtiger » Wed May 10, 2017 8:48 pm

I'm pretty sure that the only one that could give Ragnar orders is Logan Grimnar, lol... Great Companies are led by Captain equivalents.
Sandtiger

Postby Sandtiger » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:36 pm

Recently finished, as of last week: Blood Angels Terminator Captain as a commission for JP, my first ever commission. He was very happy with it and I am proud of having done well.
image1.JPG
image2.JPG
Edit: I don't know why these are upside down. It's very odd. They're not upside down when I open them up on my monitor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sandtiger

Postby Sandtiger » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:46 pm

Various pictures from the past few days:

1. Fancypants Rhino/Razorback for the Salamanders is now done. I'm quite happy with how this turned out. I can't decide yet if I am going to improve it by putting more colors in the dragon head yet.

2. Official Icefang Great Company color scheme has been decided upon and duder #1 completed. I'm happy with it. I think the color scheme came out really nice, I like the silver and blue shoulder pad, and now I have an excuse to go through and find more of those shoulder pads that I never quite knew what to do with. It's kind of exciting.
Rhinoback.jpg
Rhinoback2.jpg
Icefang GC man 1.jpg
Icefang GC man 2.jpg
Sandtiger

Postby Sandtiger » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:05 pm

More work done on Salamanders - Got a sergeant done who's been in the pipeline for a long time. I had this guy in mind to be a sergeant of a melta squad forever, so now he is done, and my 2nd melta guy is done, and they all have the same shoulder pads to show off. I might be ready to try a game with them soon.
Sg1.jpg
Sg2.jpg
Sg3.jpg
Salamanders trio.jpg
Sandtiger

Postby Sandtiger » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:04 am

I have gone back to my Wolves for a bit to try to finish off a few models that have been sitting around for ages now. This is a Wolf Guard with a Power Fist/pistol and a Grey Hunter Pack Leader with a Power Axe.
Sandtiger

Postby Sandtiger » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:29 am

Last night, Company Champion Sandtiger killed the enemy warlord and 3 Terminators to close out a game for me so I had the perfect excuse to make Captain Sandtiger today. Love how he came out. I have also been neglectful in mentioning that I finished a Vindicare Assassin which you may see coming soon to tables in Malden.
Sandtiger

Postby Sandtiger » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:49 pm

Way behind on updating this, but here we go:

1. Been working slowly on Murderfang over probably the last couple months? Progress report: right leg pad has black on it, and the claws are almost complete. I gave them a coat of Ushtabi Bone over the already done Zandri Dust, and filled in the black parts that needed that as well. Also gave the detailsvon his front plate and left leg Ushtabi Bone too.

Still a long way to go on this model though. I need to do his actual face, he has no gold anywhere, all of the skulls up top have to be done, etc etc.

2. Shootin Putin has given me a whole bunch of scouts to work on which we had some issues with, as he wasn't initially happy with the first guy I did so I am doing small things slowly while waiting for him to provide me with a scheme that he's happy with in between a hellish work schedule.

3. I evidently forgot entirely to mention that I've finished doing a Swiftclaws Leader, a Librarian in Terminator Armor for my Salamanders, and a Primaris Librarian which will probably be used both for Space Wolves and for Salamanders, although I have given him the name Mercurion Ru'than because the original intent was to use him as a Salamanders hero.
Murderfang.jpg
Scouts.jpg
Primaris Librarian Mercurion Ru'than.jpg
Swiftclaws leader and Salamander Terminator Librarian.jpg
Swiftclaws leader and Salamander Terminator Librarian back.jpg
Sandtiger

Postby Sandtiger » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:10 pm

Update: 2 guys for the commission of 23 scouts for Shootin Putin are fully complete, with more in the pipeline. This is guy #2 who was finished last night, Guy #1 looks almost identical.
Thomas1.jpg
Thomas2.jpg