goblin's workshop

The place to go for paint pledges or hobby discussion.
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Re: goblin's workshop

Postby MrScotty » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:38 pm

goblin wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:32 pm
So you too noticed how nicely they matched. Using the leader as a second Primus?
I've already got a ton of characters so I didn't have any plans to make any more, but that is a fantastic idea.
I just figured it's nice to have distinct sculpts, so I made sure I did her up in similar colors to my GSC hqs - blue, hazard striped yellow, purple and a red cloak.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
goblin
Name: anthony lawrence
Armies: tyranids, pantsthieves, sisters+friends

Postby goblin » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:11 pm

I have at least two distinct sculpts for each character (four for maguses...) already, but I may still make something interesting with my second box :P I was thinking it would be neat to replace the big whip with one of the acolyte whip arms.

I'm also thinking about trying to turn the Goliath gangers into aberrants. We'll see what I can come up with.
goblin

Postby goblin » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:32 pm

Here's some more 'not-40k' stuff!

Decided based on the airbrush rec thread to give the ghost tints airbrush paints a try for my Shadespire Stormcast warband:
brightshield_before.jpg
Started with gw grey primer, nuln oil wash, light grey drybrush, white highlights.
brightshield_after.jpg
This is after spraying a couple layers of the fresh blood tint paint.
shadecast.jpg
And here's the (mostly) finished product. The lighting is a little dark in this picture; they look more red and less brown in person. That said, if I was gonna repeat this process for more stormcast models, I'd definitely do a lighter grey scale (or possibly even start with metallic silver) to get a brighter red color.
ironspires.jpg
Also, Orruks. Staying away from the standard color schemes so that if I end up in a mirror match it's still easy to tell which guys belong to who, and have the game look more interesting :P

AND A 40K MODEL!?
santas_space_helper.jpg
For the secret santa. Added the white fluff trim to the cloak, and the pom-poms on the hat (there's one on the back too) and the little hat to the staff with greenstuff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
goblin

Postby goblin » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:03 pm

sisters of the thorn.jpg
Skink starseer and sisters of the thorn (got them painted up to be played as allies for my buddy's stormcast army for LVO). I promise there are some 40k models to be painted somewhere in the pipeline...
goblin

Postby goblin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:49 pm

I'm back! this time definitely with fully painted 40k models!

Just kidding, it's more Age of Sigmar :lol:
morathi front.jpg
morathi closeup.jpg
morathi back.jpg