Scotty's Hobby Bloggy

The place to go for paint pledges or hobby discussion.
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Re: Scotty's Hobby Bloggy

Postby MrScotty » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:56 pm

Been doing some new years vacation painting. Something a little different: some Tau! I have a slow, slow, very very slow Tau project building around the theme of cool sci-fi effects and tactical camo, with the long term goal being a very close range, relatively infantry focused high risk Tau army.

The colors of my models are going to be themed with their bases, so this guy is going to get an urban asphalt base. I've already got a few green fire warriors on jungle bases as well.

Since this guy was in a defensive pose, I gave him a freehand honeycomb space shield so it looks like he's taking some fire from the left side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:44 am

Since I'm attempting to clear out my backlog, I'm returning to an old project I had set aside because I'd gotten frustrated with it. This is going to be a counts-as Dark Eldar Grotesque, with the idea being that he is one of the "terrible guardians" of the black library used by the Harlequins and referenced in their fluff. Still WIP, but I like the concept of the creature forming out of smoke and embers coalescing around a harlequin mask. I'll probably blend the ember bits up to yellow at the tips to make them more interesting, touch up the mask, and see if I can paint up the base to look like it's covered in a layer of ash.

After that the only challenge will be trying to undo the damage I've already done to one of these models trying to make it look like a marble statue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:07 pm

More random backlog projects - a while back I got Assassinorum Execution Force and never used the chaos stuff. So since the Terminator sorveror in the tsons codex gets some cool rules (and a spell familiar) I made this custom, WYSIWYG tsons Terminator sorceror out of spare scarab occult and acolyte bits.
Game Preferences:
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:54 pm

No new stuff today (working my way through a defiler slowly, he will most likely be done in a few days) but I did run a bunch of my recent stuff through an artsy fartsy photo filter app like a dirty millennial and got some fun results.
Game Preferences:
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:56 pm

Two new things I finished recently: a couple of the models for my Pathfinder unit, featuring some urban/ice camo, and a Riptide I've owned for years that's just been kicking around my closet. Too big and worn for stealth projections, this Riptide has the underlying Viorla Sept colors showing through.
Game Preferences:
Terminator_X
Name: Alex
Experience Level: Novice
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Imperial Guard

Postby Terminator_X » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:31 am

Killer freehand as usual- I like the weathering on the big guy too!
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:17 pm

The Gee dubster bunny has left us all a wonderful gift. A stack of kits well in excess of two feet tall. So the great mechanicusening begins!!
Game Preferences:
propheadprops
Name: Mike A
Experience Level: Novice
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Deathwatch

Postby propheadprops » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:25 pm

We need a banana for scale. We don't know what type of units that tape uses and those hands could equally be that of a child or a giant. A standard reference pear would also be acceptable.
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:45 pm

Took a break from macro painting tonight to Gussy up my new HQ for the dark eldar codex. I had this model unpainted and gathering dust and now a succubus with a shardnet is awesome.

So I corrected her somewhat wonky pose by adding this pointy marble deal. Marble turned out to be pretty easy and fun!
Game Preferences:
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:19 pm

First week progress on the sector Mechanicus project:

-all central pillars/pipes/armored containers clipped and glued, to be painted assembled.

-ryza ruins and servohaulers clipped, waiting on assembly

-support pillars painted on sprue and clipped, ready for action!

Tomorrow I'll be picking up the primer colors I'll need to paint the rest of it.
Game Preferences: