Kairic acolyte heads?

The place to go for paint pledges or hobby discussion.
Anacrucis
Name: Dave R
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual
Armies: BA, RG, IoM, Nids, Eldar

Kairic acolyte heads?

Postby Anacrucis » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:40 pm

I was going to post this under trades but it looks like the kit comes with exactly enough so I doubt anyone has some extras.

But I’m wondering - I know some of our MSons players have used them as cultist or even tzaangor standins - how suitable to kitbashes would these heads be? Are they similar to “normal” heads (eg guard, etc) or are they formed to fit specifically those models (similar to tzaangors)? Looking at the low rez pics of the sprues they appear to have the neck “ball” more towards the back of the head, almost like orks, rather than the bottom? Am I seeing that right?
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Re: Kairic acolyte heads?

Postby MrScotty » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:46 pm

Anacrucis wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:40 pm
I was going to post this under trades but it looks like the kit comes with exactly enough so I doubt anyone has some extras.

But I’m wondering - I know some of our MSons players have used them as cultist or even tzaangor standins - how suitable to kitbashes would these heads be? Are they similar to “normal” heads (eg guard, etc) or are they formed to fit specifically those models (similar to tzaangors)? Looking at the low rez pics of the sprues they appear to have the neck “ball” more towards the back of the head, almost like orks, rather than the bottom? Am I seeing that right?
The tricky thing with them is that that many models (marines, guardsmen, etc) have the neck portion built into the head bit, while kairics have the head separate from the neck, and the neck is molded onto the torso.

Tiny bit of greenstuff and you'd be good to go.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
Anacrucis
Name: Dave R
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual
Armies: BA, RG, IoM, Nids, Eldar

Re: Kairic acolyte heads?

Postby Anacrucis » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:04 pm

Cool! Good to know. With that in mind I will now consider trying to source them ... I don’t love the models for my MSons (I do love them for MSons, just not MINE - naked buff dudes isn’t quite the feel I’m going for) but their heads might work on top of these orlock cultsits I’m doing up. Those masks are sweet.