Scotty's Hobby Bloggy

The place to go for paint pledges or hobby discussion.
The Last Acton Hero
Name: Thomas E
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Salamander Space Marines

Re: Scotty's Hobby Bloggy

Postby The Last Acton Hero » Wed May 30, 2018 10:00 pm

Just wanted to post a follow-up for the awesome techmarine Scott made me. Finally have him based. It's the best conversion beamer I've ever seen and I could not be happier!
IMG_20180530_214934547.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:38 pm

Two fun new hobby projects! First I have one done of a pair of the new miniknights! He was so cute I gave him an eyeball to see you with. So adorable.

Additionally, my eBay search program picked up some "elder incubi" at a price too cheap to pass up and to my surprise and delight they were metal! So here's the first pair of my very subtly clowny incubi - just a few diamond emblems on their armor as a nod to their current employers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:45 pm

To celebrate the addition of two new bouncing baby boys to the Roboto family, Clarence and Nedeaeden, I assembled the whole family for a photo.

Momma is so proud, the quadruplets are unusually well behaved with big brother Clyde watching over them, and even the puppers are wagging their rotor cannons in excitement.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Bit of a preview for you all of the last part of our MDF terrain order! Since we've been seeing some love for Kill Team at the club lately I wanted our folks who are more into large scale 40k to know we still have big battles at our heart! I'll be building and painting two of each of these bad boys to add to our terrain collection in the next week or so when I can get them done.
Game Preferences:
Darth Hoodie
Name: Tom X
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Black Templars

Postby Darth Hoodie » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:04 pm

Scott you made me a happy man. Those look bitching. Cant wait to see some of the new buildings done up.
"Suffer not the unclean to live."
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:35 pm

Keep your faith strong, citizen! Imperial Truth Deliverance Experts will be arriving posthaste to ensure your zeal is in adherence with inquisitorial standards.
Game Preferences:
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:38 pm

Hurrah citizens! All your fortifications and manufactories have received a complimentary mandatory upgrade to their inspirational fighting spirit!

(I promise this is the only wall I really went nuts in creating a propaganda display, every other piece has a couple posters, a couple sneaky 40k themed pinups in the interiors, warning signs, that sort of thing.)
Game Preferences:
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:51 pm

Got a few more reinforcements for my deathwatch! I've got two more Roivers left to Roive but I was very pleased with how my Demolitions Man intercessor came out. America Marines! Fuck Yeah!

Kill Team is a wonderful thing for me with these guys because it means I can make my crazy space Marines look however I like and I never really have to worry about making them into coherent squads. Maybe someday.
Game Preferences:
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:42 pm

My new ork basing experiment has been a success! I have looked for a while for a base I could make easily for my vast number of Ork models, and I think I've hit on something here.

I took some steel shavings from the scrap barrel at my work, and glued it down to the base with mod podge to make sure my bases aren't sharp and pointy. Then I just painted some of the dirt texture paint and nihlakh oxide to give it some color. Turned into a really fun looking junkyard base!
Game Preferences: