Codex: Aeuldahree Asseryanny

Talk tactics or post your army lists and get feedback from our best and brightest.
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Re: Codex: Aeuldahree Asseryanny

Postby MrScotty » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:12 am

well, we do have some little twists (Graia gets a variation on the standard 6+FNP "tough guy tactic" for instance, which saves all the wounds but only kicks on if the model would be killed by the damage) but I think primarily it's just a matter of not having a huge power budget for these and trying to keep them generalist.

As we can see, having one subfaction with the same shtick as another and one getting better rules than the other causes the feelbads, so the more common archetypes will most likely see similar rules. A lot of armies have "These are the fast guys!" "These are the sneaky guys!" etc, while we'll likely see more tailored tactics for those armies with more unique identities.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:44 am

Wow! Today's article just put rangers and fire prisms on the map. 8 point drop on rangers is excellent and the leman Russ double tap rule plus an amazing stratagem for taking two prisms is just awesome.

It looks like Alaitoc gets a fluffy but kind of terrible stratagem (unless your opponent wants to deep strike and shoot up a ranger squad from 12" away) but they use that tactic better than anybody else.

Rangers, illic, hemlock, vyper, shining spears, shadow spectres, crimson hunter. All those units get -1 to hit, which goes to -2 with the tactic - it's pretty easy to conceive of a list that only consists of characters and those units. Problem warboss?
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
WaaaghDynasty
Name: Andrew McLellan
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Necron, AOrks, Tyranids, GSC, 30k Iron H

Postby WaaaghDynasty » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:13 pm

Side note: Eldrad's new power can be great for taking down IG blobs by removing Commissars. Yay!
Humans need fantasy to be Human. -Death
The cosmic serpent
Name: Keith
Armies: Eldar (CWE, DE, H), GK, Crons, Tau, AL

Postby The cosmic serpent » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:13 pm

MrScotty wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:44 am
Wow! Today's article just put rangers and fire prisms on the map. 8 point drop on rangers is excellent and the leman Russ double tap rule plus an amazing stratagem for taking two prisms is just awesome.

It looks like Alaitoc gets a fluffy but kind of terrible stratagem (unless your opponent wants to deep strike and shoot up a ranger squad from 12" away) but they use that tactic better than anybody else.

Rangers, illic, hemlock, vyper, shining spears, shadow spectres, crimson hunter. All those units get -1 to hit, which goes to -2 with the tactic - it's pretty easy to conceive of a list that only consists of characters and those units. Problem warboss?
Spears are not -1 to hit natively. They do have a 4++ against shooting though :) The others though it’s going to be fun to stack up to -3 to hit :p
Last edited by The cosmic serpent on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:41 pm

The stream just now had some pretty impressive previews.

Dire Avengers confirmed to be down to 12ppm (from 17)
Falcon down FIFTY points
Howling Banshees get their 7th ed rules back! No overwatch, +3" to charge rolls, and advance and charge. Wooo!
Dark Reapers down 9ppm (Reduced the cost of the Reaper Launcher)
Windriders: 28pts with Shuriken Cannon
Striking Scorpions, Warp Spiders, Night Spinners, all cheaper, no specifics.
Game Preferences:
WaaaghDynasty

Postby WaaaghDynasty » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:12 pm

MrScotty wrote:

Disagree on the quality of the stratagem- those rangers can hold an objective against long range firepower forever. Having said that, Biel-Tan wins IMO for stratagems, and Ulthwe for attributes.

Just to confirm, you can't have Ulthwe Harlequins, correct?

Warbosses would just run their Ladz up the table and stab- but )(*#& this rule will hurt if you're bringing a Stompa's firepower or Loota mobz.
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:28 pm

WaaaghDynasty wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:12 pm
MrScotty wrote:

Disagree on the quality of the stratagem- those rangers can hold an objective against long range firepower forever. Having said that, Biel-Tan wins IMO for stratagems, and Ulthwe for attributes.

Just to confirm, you can't have Ulthwe Harlequins, correct?

Warbosses would just run their Ladz up the table and stab- but )(*#& this rule will hurt if you're bringing a Stompa's firepower or Loota mobz.
The reason I think the stratagem is lackluster is that most things are already only hitting you on a six. Spending 1CP to make Space Marines hit you on a 6 instead of a 5 doesn't seem super worthwhile to me. And it's only rangers which are rarely targeted in the first place.
Game Preferences:
Anacrucis
Name: Dave R
Experience Level: Experienced
Armies: BA, RG, IoM, Nids, Eldar

Postby Anacrucis » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:37 pm

I want plastic Rangers.
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:42 pm

Anacrucis wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:37 pm
I want plastic Rangers.
Rangers I don't care about. Models with big long robes and two-handed rifles and crouching poses are just going to be purely monopose in plastic.

I want them back in metal, because finecast noodleguns are obnoxious, but eh. Ebay exists.
Game Preferences:
WaaaghDynasty

Postby WaaaghDynasty » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:50 pm