Renegade Dark Angels

Talk tactics or post your army lists and get feedback from our best and brightest.
spruter
Name: Seth Pruter
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Sisters of Battle, Blood Angels

Renegade Dark Angels

Postby spruter » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:01 am

For my next army, I want to do a renegade Dark Angels army. I want to use the Dark Angels Models with Chaos rules, but only wanted a small amount of Chaos Taint. (Librarians are sorcerers, Deathwing are chaos Terminators, Ravenwing are bikers) I guess my question is would my army be okay without icons, demons, and generally everything that makes chaos chaos? Also are cultists any good, I was thinking of having a horde of them as cannon fodder as civilians they "Liberated". I would have Fallen, and Cypher, and probably a ton of plasma spam.
Memento
Name: Anthony
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Thousand Sons, Daemons, Ultramarines

Re: Renegade Dark Angels

Postby Memento » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:28 am

spruter wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:01 am
For my next army, I want to do a renegade Dark Angels army. I want to use the Dark Angels Models with Chaos rules, but only wanted a small amount of Chaos Taint. (Librarians are sorcerers, Deathwing are chaos Terminators, Ravenwing are bikers) I guess my question is would my army be okay without icons, demons, and generally everything that makes chaos chaos? Also are cultists any good, I was thinking of having a horde of them as cannon fodder as civilians they "Liberated". I would have Fallen, and Cypher, and probably a ton of plasma spam.
Plasma is great, especially for Chaos.

Cultists are pretty much what they were in old editions. That is to say cheap bodies and objective holders. Chaos is in a really good place now in general. Lots of tools, few actual drawbacks. I like the idea of your theme a lot.
PlaguemasterFlex
Officer
Name: Dave
Experience Level: Experienced
Armies: CSM (Death Guard) + Daemons

Postby PlaguemasterFlex » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:45 am

I think this could be fun. Cultists are solid, cheap objective holders and screen units to bubble wrap your bigger guns. They're not particularly good or bad, but exist to be a speed bump that needs to be dealt with.
PrideofVulkan
Name: Andrew
Experience Level: Novice
Armies: 30k Salamanders

Postby PrideofVulkan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:18 pm

3 points to hold an objective is solid. They bubble wrap shooting nicely.