BUGS GONNA EAT'CHA!!!!!!

Talk tactics or post your army lists and get feedback from our best and brightest.
Connman234
Officer
Name: Spencer Connell
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Marines, Ad-Mech, Zerkers, Necrons, Nids

BUGS GONNA EAT'CHA!!!!!!

Postby Connman234 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:17 pm

• Batallion Detachment
    Hive Fleet: Kraken
    HQ: Broodlord
    HQ: Swarmord
    Troops: 20 Genestealers (Scything Talons, Rending Claws, Toxin Sacks)
    Troops: 27 Hormagaunts (Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands)
    Troops: 27 Hormagaunts (Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands)
    Elites: 3 Venonthropes

Spearhead Detachment
    Hive Fleet: Kronos
    HQ: Old One Eye
    Elites: 3 Hive Guard (3 Impaler Cannons)
    Heavy Supports: 3 Biovores
    Heavy Supports: Screamer Killer Carnifex (2 Scything Talon Sets, Adrenal Glands, Spore Cysts, Toxin Sacs)
    Heavy Supports: 2 Carifex Brood (1 with Enhanced Senses, Spore Cysts, 2 Twin Devouerers with Brainleech Worms, 1 with Enhanced Senses, Crushing Claws, Heavy Venon Cannon, Spore Cysts)

After re-evaluating my plan with the Tyranids after the FAQ, it actually makes my list still play pretty much the same way I want to play them, but even more fluffy. My original plan "was" to have Swarmlord drop from a Nid drop pod and Genestealers come out from a Trigon and guarantee at T1 charge.

Well, that plan went poof.

So reading the stuff in the FAQ, with literally one slight change, I get to do the same thing, BUT WITH MORE BUGS! I get to drop the Trigon and Tyrranocite, and get lots more small bugs (going from 46 to 74).

Here is how this list works
Step 1) Advance Genestealers - Kraken Fleet trait lets me roll 3 dice for advance and pick the highest. (Lets assume best case scenario I roll a 6)
Step 2) Use Kraken Strategem "Opportunistic Advance" to Double that roll.
Step 3) Move Genestealers 20" and keep one genestealer next to Swarmlord.
Step 4) Swarmlord uses his command ability to move the genestealers.
Step 5) Move Genestealers move another 9"-14" adding in the advance. Total move at this point is minimum 18" and maximum 34"
Step 6) Charge 2D6" with Genestealers
Step 7) Repeat steps 1-6 on another infantry squad next turn.

The rest of the army is meant as med/long range support with Hive Guard and Biovores raining fire without needing to see the target. Carnifexes and Old One Eye help secure the middle with some shooting, but are no slouch in melee. Venomthropes are there to give a -1 to hit the blobs to protect them from pesky shootings.

Overall, while the FAQ did hurt the original plan, the only other major change is to switch from re-rolling failed hits in melee, to the "3D6 Pick highest" trait. but overall, I'm at least happy that I'm able to still play this list in a fluffy way.
"Let Justice be Done. Though the Heavens Fall"

goblin
Name: anthony lawrence
Experience Level: Advanced
Armies: tyranids, pantsthieves, sisters+friends

Re: BUGS GONNA EAT'CHA!!!!!!

Postby goblin » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:40 pm

Worth noting: the opportunistic advance stratagem can be used again in the shooting phase, so you can potentially move your stealers 40" before declaring the charge.

The one thing I would seriously consider for this list is swapping the venomthropes for a malanthrope because that can cover the monsters too (the venomthropes can only do it while at full strength) and is harder to get rid of (because w9 character). Also I really like hive guard at full 6x because they're bonkers with the double shoot strat, but that's really not strictly necessary (especially since you have multiple anti-tank options).
Connman234
Officer
Name: Spencer Connell
Experience Level: Intermediate
Armies: Marines, Ad-Mech, Zerkers, Necrons, Nids

Re: BUGS GONNA EAT'CHA!!!!!!

Postby Connman234 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:56 pm

goblin wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:40 pm
Worth noting: the opportunistic advance stratagem can be used again in the shooting phase, so you can potentially move your stealers 40" before declaring the charge.

The one thing I would seriously consider for this list is swapping the venomthropes for a malanthrope because that can cover the monsters too (the venomthropes can only do it while at full strength) and is harder to get rid of (because w9 character). Also I really like hive guard at full 6x because they're bonkers with the double shoot strat, but that's really not strictly necessary (especially since you have multiple anti-tank options).
I just checked the wordings on Opportunistic Advance, it specifically calls out that you can only do it in the movement phase. The Swarmlord's ability is in the shooting phase, so I can't get the extra movement via the stratagem.

With the way, I've built the list so that I am running 2 Hive fleets, the Kraken for the hordes, and a shooty one for the other stuff. The Malanthrope only works with <Hive Fleet> Stuff, so it can help wit the Swarmlord and Broodlord, but not the other stuff. So that may be some consideration.
"Let Justice be Done. Though the Heavens Fall"