Ready to roll

New to Grimdark Gaming? Introduce yourself here -- you will receive a warm welcome!
Bnasty
Name: Brian Landry
Experience Level: Novice
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Salamanders

Ready to roll

Postby Bnasty » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:00 pm

Hey guys,

My name's Brian. I guess you could say I'm new to playing.I played a small Salamanders army in 2000 very briefly but that's when the seed got planted. I got back into making and painting models this summer and picked up the Dark Imperim box set and the space Marines codex. I kept with the tradition of my old salamanders and have most of the primaris Marines done up and a few other units I picked up along the way.

I haven't played yet but would love to get started now that I have a little force (1500 points give or take) of units I put together mostly just stuff I thought was cool looking.

Like I said I haven't played yet but do have a basic grasp on how to play from lots of YouTube videos and battle reports. I've also listened to tons of podcasts that have given me a better feel for the game and have gotten me alot more into the lore/fluff of the game.

I've stopped by a few times and love what I see with everyone playing on Sundays. I wouldn't mind maybe getting a beginner/tutorial game going soon if that's a possibility.
Thanks,
Brian
The Last Acton Hero
Name: Thomas E
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Salamander Space Marines

Re: Ready to roll

Postby The Last Acton Hero » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:51 pm

Welcome Brian! It will be good to see more of the Best Chapter at the club!
Sandtiger
Name: Tomas Q.
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Space Wolves, Salamanders

Postby Sandtiger » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:03 pm

Eyooooh New Salamander blood woo!
Connman234
Officer
Name: Spencer Connell
Experience Level: Intermediate
Armies: Marines, Ad-Mech, Zerkers, Necrons, Nids

Postby Connman234 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:12 pm

Hey Brian. Welcome to the forums!. As a personal suggestion, if you are looking to start learning the game, I suggest very small scale games. I recommend 500 to 750 points so that you have a few units to have fun with, but not too many so that you are overwhelmed by the rules and mechanics. Other than that, welcome again and have fun purging xenos!
"Let Justice be Done. Though the Heavens Fall"

PrideofVulkan
Name: Andrew
Experience Level: Novice
Armies: 30k Salamanders

Postby PrideofVulkan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:18 am

Vulkan lives!