Returning from going AWOL...

New to Grimdark Gaming? Introduce yourself here -- you will receive a warm welcome!
Sievesky35
Name: Mike W.
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Space Wolves (for now)

Returning from going AWOL...

Postby Sievesky35 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:50 pm

Greetings!

My name is Mike, local professional who is now getting back into 40K. I used to play avidly in high school (4th/5th edition) rolling with a Chaos army of Word Bearers.

I picked up 8th edition over the summer, and holy hell, things have done changed. I also grabbed myself a Space Wolf starter pack (high school me would be very disappointed) and have since bought and built more models, boasting a modest 56PL, 970pt patrol detachment.

Outside of the 41st millennium, I am also a hockey nerd, playing 3-5 times per week and attending a handful of Bruins games per season. Why not complement one expensive hobby with another, amirite?!

Interested in rolling some dice with a fun group of likeminded individuals, just bear with me as I relearn gameplay/this new rulebook.

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

- Mike
Darth Hoodie
Name: Tom X
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Black Templars + Inquisition

Re: Returning from going AWOL...

Postby Darth Hoodie » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:20 pm

Welcome to the club Mike! Glad to have you back! We usually meet on Thursday nights and Sunday afternoons at the Hobby Bunker in Malden. Great group of guys at the club and you shouldn't have any trouble finding a game if you post in the "games this week" section of the forum. Things are a little slow this time of year because of the holidays and such but not to worry I have been a member for 2 years now and have never not been able to get a game on a Sunday!
"Suffer not the unclean to live."
WaaaghDynasty
Name: Andrew McLellan
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Necron, AOrks, Tyranids, GSC, 30k Iron H

Postby WaaaghDynasty » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:52 pm

Yay new blood! Everyone here was super nice to me, and feel free to ask for a teaching game

Seems like a great time to join the hobby-every other person I meet @ Warhammer Brookline is just getting into it or coming back after a hiatus. I for one appreciated the 8th edition changes (confessed Ork player).
Humans need fantasy to be Human. -Death
Memento
Name: Anthony
Armies: Thousand Sons, Daemons, Ultramarines

Postby Memento » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:08 pm

Heyo!

Welcome back to the hobby!

Officially we meet on Sundays with Thursday and Friday nights also open for games. We also occasionally host some online Hobby Hangouts, so definitely look out for those too!
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:37 am

Hi Mike! We'd be happy to help you relearn the game. We've got a large variety of playstyles and armies here, and though things are slow right now (our main game days are sundays and we have had Christmas Eve and New Years Eve two weeks in a row now) we will most likely pick up in a big way during the cold, holiday-less stretch of the year from january to april.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
Sandtiger
Name: Tomas Q.
Armies: Space Wolves, Salamanders

Postby Sandtiger » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:41 pm

Hi, welcome to the club, will be good to see you around!
Indy
Name: JP Anderson
Armies: Blood Angels

Postby Indy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:28 pm

Welcome!

I have to say...as a Bruins fan you may need to paint up some black n' yellow space marines to take on our member who has a Team Canada themed army :)
“Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey. The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon.”

-G.K. Chesteron