Hello, Kill Team player here

New to Grimdark Gaming? Introduce yourself here -- you will receive a warm welcome!
drama87
Name: Devin D
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Competitive
Armies: Astra Militarum

Hello, Kill Team player here

Postby drama87 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:45 pm

Hello all,

My name is Devin and I've been stopping in at the Bunker semi-frequently for a while now, but haven't had the pleasure of playing a game there yet.

My history with 40k goes back to being mesmerized by the 3rd edition rulebook back in the sixth grade, hobbying and collecting (and only very rarely playing, with family or close friends) through about fifth edition, but eventually things like college and starting a career took over life. Fast forward to now, 8th edition and in particular Kill Team has brought me back to the hobby. Not to give you the illusion that I have any more time for hobbying now, as my wife and I just welcomed our second daughter a couple months ago, but I do like to spend the increasingly rare free moments building, painting, or gaming.

Anyway, just wanted to do the ol' intro before poking around the forums.

P.S. - I was in the store today, heard some 40k going on, but wanted to ask here - is there much of a Kill Team scene?
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Re: Hello, Kill Team player here

Postby MrScotty » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:42 am

drama87 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:45 pm
Hello all,

My name is Devin and I've been stopping in at the Bunker semi-frequently for a while now, but haven't had the pleasure of playing a game there yet.

My history with 40k goes back to being mesmerized by the 3rd edition rulebook back in the sixth grade, hobbying and collecting (and only very rarely playing, with family or close friends) through about fifth edition, but eventually things like college and starting a career took over life. Fast forward to now, 8th edition and in particular Kill Team has brought me back to the hobby. Not to give you the illusion that I have any more time for hobbying now, as my wife and I just welcomed our second daughter a couple months ago, but I do like to spend the increasingly rare free moments building, painting, or gaming.

Anyway, just wanted to do the ol' intro before poking around the forums.

P.S. - I was in the store today, heard some 40k going on, but wanted to ask here - is there much of a Kill Team scene?
Hi Devin,

Full-scale 40k tends to be most of what gets played on sundays, Thursday nights are dedicated Kill Team nights but we do have Kill Team on sundays. We set up our games in advance using the "Games this week" subforum, so if you want to play a KT game you can create a post for the day you want to play it or comment on an existing post if there is one. We have tons of terrain that's great for KT as well as kill team sized mats that are for communal use.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!