Transplant

New to Grimdark Gaming? Introduce yourself here -- you will receive a warm welcome!
Connman234
Officer
Name: Spencer Connell
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Marines, Ad-Mech, Zerkers, Necrons, Nids

Re: Transplant

Postby Connman234 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:06 am

Welcome Bill! Glad to have you around soon. While we ourselves are more casual and just want to roll dice, that will not prevent you from getting at least tournament practice in. If you ask for a challenge or tournament prep, we have many people who can attempt to bring the pain, or at least play the mission type.
"Let Justice be Done. Though the Heavens Fall"

MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:21 pm

Hi Bill! The greater boston area is something of an awesome one for warhammer - we've got something like five game stores in the local vicinity, including one official warhammer store so you don't miss out on any limited releases, and I believe all of them have at least some kind of regular warhammer gaming scene. For tournament-level play, some of the familiar names from national tournament Top 16 lists practice and play around here as well, so if you want to try your tournament list against Steve Pampreen or Korey Mckinney you can head over to Battlegrounds Saugus.

At the bunker, by nature of being the store that primarily plays on a weekend day and is surrounded by a ton of free parking, our crowd tends to be a tiny bit older and more casual than usual, but there is still plenty of overlap between the various clubs and stores and you can find plenty of people looking for ITC-style games around here too.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
Darth Hoodie
Officer
Name: Tom
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Sons of Horus

Postby Darth Hoodie » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:58 pm

Fishwater wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:47 pm
Thanks for the replies!
I am actually more into playing casual games and just tossing dice around. The D.C. area (where I am coming from) is just a very competitive city, it seems.
Welcome to the club, looking forward to meeting you and getting some games in. It sounds like your going to get along great with that attitude. If I were to describe the meta at The Bunker it is what I call "casual competitive." Everyone is out to have a good time while still playing to win the game.
"Kill for the living, Kill for the dad! Lupercal!!! Lupercal!!!"
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:45 am

Fishwater wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:00 pm
Will be around next Sunday.
Not even close to painted as I have been extremely busy at work but will at least pop by and watch some games!
JSYK, there is no requirement here that everything has to be painted before you play. We've got several people for whom that's a self-imposed restriction but you can definitely play with unpainted models as long as your opponent knows what's what.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!