New to wargaming saying Hello!

New to Grimdark Gaming? Introduce yourself here -- you will receive a warm welcome!
Draaen
Name: Mark
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Tau, White Scars, Tyranids (Nidzilla)

Re: New to wargaming saying Hello!

Postby Draaen » Tue May 07, 2019 1:47 pm

Like everyone else is saying pick an army you think is cool. Balance adjustments happen and the wheel of fortune goes up and down. Cool models stay cool.

When choosing your faction make sure you like the look and feel of your troops. There is always an incentive to take them and at least one character no matter what edition so you'd best think they are cool as hopefully you see a lot of them! It is usually good to start up by painting a couple troop units and a character or two you like as well.
Game Preferences:
Current Beta rules in effect
I'm happy to play lower points levels with people who are staring out or building up new forces
waddledom
Name: Dominic H
Experience Level: Novice
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Space-marines

Postby waddledom » Tue May 07, 2019 6:32 pm

CHAPLAIN T wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:49 am
Pick your faction based on how much it inspires you. Float through everything GW has to offer before settling on an army (and there is much to offer!). Settle down with whichever faction makes your soul sing with creativity. Do this, and you can never go wrong because you'll always love your army! (Even if its not the most hyper optimized tournament winner)

Pity fools.
Toss suckas.
Personally, I do like the space marines, particularly the dark angels, because the colors of their armor just hit the right aesthetic for me. Also chivalrous dudes in power armor with some dark secrets just appeals to me! Lol
waddledom
Name: Dominic H
Experience Level: Novice
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Space-marines

Postby waddledom » Tue May 07, 2019 6:35 pm

Draaen wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:47 pm
Like everyone else is saying pick an army you think is cool. Balance adjustments happen and the wheel of fortune goes up and down. Cool models stay cool.

When choosing your faction make sure you like the look and feel of your troops. There is always an incentive to take them and at least one character no matter what edition so you'd best think they are cool as hopefully you see a lot of them! It is usually good to start up by painting a couple troop units and a character or two you like as well.
Thanks for the advice! I have a tiny collection at this moment, but from what I can tell there is going to be many various marines, as I am trying to go for something of a hogepoge group. Simply put I'm calling them the epilogue space marines, as they fit in with no chapter, yet have not fallen to caos, basically a bunch of humans with orc minded tomfoolery with power armor and hand-me-down vehicles scrounged off of the battlefield!