Newish to 40k, converted from old WFB player

New to Grimdark Gaming? Introduce yourself here -- you will receive a warm welcome!
rbturner
Name: Brice T.
Experience Level: Novice
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Deathwatch

Newish to 40k, converted from old WFB player

Postby rbturner » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:50 pm

Hello all,

I recently started to get back into the hobby, and with most of my WFB models being pretty outdated now (old chaos dwarfs and skaven) I am making the jump to 40k!

I played a couple of games back in 5e with an Ork army I have seemed to misplaced during one of our moves, but am working on a Deathwatch army now and am hoping to get it done soon and start getting some games in.

Hope to start seeing you all around soon.

-Brice
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Re: Newish to 40k, converted from old WFB player

Postby MrScotty » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:12 pm

rbturner wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:50 pm
Hello all,

I recently started to get back into the hobby, and with most of my WFB models being pretty outdated now (old chaos dwarfs and skaven) I am making the jump to 40k!

I played a couple of games back in 5e with an Ork army I have seemed to misplaced during one of our moves, but am working on a Deathwatch army now and am hoping to get it done soon and start getting some games in.

Hope to start seeing you all around soon.

-Brice
Awesome, welcome!

To set up games we primarily use the Games This week subforum, since point values and game types vary people tend to set up in advance.

We're going to be doing a goofy group event next week with a special Super heavy battle Royale, but afterwards I'm sure people will be looking for some lower points level games after since it won't take the full time slot. If you wanted an intro game we have a club copy of the new starter set.

Spencer is also offering his full Knight household for loaners in the event if you want to play and don't have a big model to bring.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!