New to Wargaming and the Bunker

New to Grimdark Gaming? Introduce yourself here -- you will receive a warm welcome!
yuggoth
Name: Ernesto P
Experience Level: Novice
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Death Guard, Necrons

New to Wargaming and the Bunker

Postby yuggoth » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:52 pm

Hi, my name is Ernesto. I'm new to wargaming, focusing on Kill Team for now and hopping to learn how to play 40k in the future (... no pun intended). Here's my WIP Lord of Contagion :D

vee
Name: Vee
Play Style: Casual
Armies: IG GSC

Re: New to Wargaming and the Bunker

Postby vee » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:36 pm

Hey!

We have an active thurs/fri kill team group and we do teaching games all the time with new players

You’ll see us post on the thurs/fri forum what days we’re attending viewforum.php?f=15
Rathomon
Name: Sam B.
Armies: Imperial Fists

Postby Rathomon » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:48 pm

hey! New member here, and new player. Would love to come by and get acquainted! Thinking of building an imperial fists army - for the emperor, of course.
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:53 pm

Rathomon wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:48 pm
hey! New member here, and new player. Would love to come by and get acquainted! Thinking of building an imperial fists army - for the emperor, of course.
Awesome! Welcome welcome, our most common times that we play are on Sundays at noon, and Thursday/Friday after work hours. There is a subforum on here called "Games This week' that you can look at for threads corresponding to the date and arrange games.

If you're just getting started, we play lots of Kill Team on Thursdays and Fridays, which if you don't know is a smaller scale version of the game requiring 5-10 models, plays on a smaller board and where your models act individually rather than as a single combined unit.

Imperial Fists are something of a unique challenge from a hobby perspective because Yellow is generally considered very tricky to paint. Almost everyone I know with a yellow colored army starts them with yellow spray paint and most of the painting is darkening the recessed areas of the model rather than the traditional highlights.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
Rathomon
Name: Sam B.
Armies: Imperial Fists

Postby Rathomon » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:01 pm

hey thanks! Yeah I've been learning about the painting issues and kill team sounds fun from a logistics point of view , not having to lug a whole army around - I'll definitely come by at some point. As is stated in my bio, im a beginner so just from a learning stand point I'd love to observe and absorb some games !