New to Wargaming, here to say Hi :)

New to Grimdark Gaming? Introduce yourself here -- you will receive a warm welcome!
PurpleShirtGuy
Name: Dave LR
Experience Level: Novice
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Space Wolves/Death Guard

New to Wargaming, here to say Hi :)

Postby PurpleShirtGuy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:36 pm

Hey all,

So after much thought about 6 months ago, I took the jump into 40k. I've been painting models for a few years but fell out of it due to life. This really got me back into the groove of it, and it's been great. I've been running through a ton of 40k lore, videos and podcasts while at work (as opposed to listening to music as normal).

If anyone has podcasts or channels they'd want to throw my way, feel free :).

I live pretty close to Hobby Bunker and stop in regularly. What really caught my eye was everyone having fun and running 40k. What really got me to hop on this forum is how welcoming and genuinely decent everyone was that I talked to.

I'd love to run a game with you guys some time, and really look forward to meeting in person.

Cheers and happy gaming,
Dave
Last edited by PurpleShirtGuy on Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Connman234
Officer
Name: Spencer Connell
Experience Level: Intermediate
Armies: Marines, Ad-Mech, Zerkers, Necrons, Nids

Re: New to Wargaming, here to say Hi :)

Postby Connman234 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:43 pm

Welcome Dave! Glad you are looking to take the jump! Our club is a very casual club, so it's great to just have fun and roll dice. Our primary day is Sunday for 40k, but you can use the forums to arrange games on other days too.

In terms of podcasts, there is one that I will always recommend. The 40kbadcast (https://40kbadcast.com). It is a beautifully done podcast that is very very casual and hillarious to listen too. I met the hosts at the Nova Open and one of them is actually a local guy.
"Let Justice be Done. Though the Heavens Fall"

spruter
Name: Seth Pruter
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Sisters of Battle, Blood Angels

Postby spruter » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:24 pm

Hi Dave! It's always nice to see new faces, what faction are you planning on playing?
PurpleShirtGuy

Postby PurpleShirtGuy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:27 pm

spruter wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:24 pm
Hi Dave! It's always nice to see new faces, what faction are you planning on playing?
Currently Space Wolves, had the Start Collecting box from a while back just sitting in my closet, so figured why not just finish 'em? :)
PurpleShirtGuy

Postby PurpleShirtGuy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:28 pm

Connman234 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:43 pm
Welcome Dave! Glad you are looking to take the jump! Our club is a very casual club, so it's great to just have fun and roll dice. Our primary day is Sunday for 40k, but you can use the forums to arrange games on other days too.

In terms of podcasts, there is one that I will always recommend. The 40kbadcast (https://40kbadcast.com). It is a beautifully done podcast that is very very casual and hillarious to listen too. I met the hosts at the Nova Open and one of them is actually a local guy.

Going to check this one out. Thanks!
waddledom
Name: Dominic H
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Space-marines

Postby waddledom » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:37 pm

PurpleShirtGuy wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:27 pm
spruter wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:24 pm
Currently Space Wolves, had the Start Collecting box from a while back just sitting in my closet, so figured why not just finish 'em? :)
That's pretty cool, as a dark angels player, we will have to have a "reenactment" of the wolf and the lion!