Greetings True Believers!

New to Grimdark Gaming? Introduce yourself here -- you will receive a warm welcome!
Ukromarine
Name: Rostik K
Experience Level: Novice
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Space marines

Greetings True Believers!

Postby Ukromarine » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:15 pm

Hi

About myself: got interested in tabletop gaming last year, before that had toy soldiers of russian-warhammer -rip-off when I was a kid. So far played a bunch of games of commands & colors (Battle Cry, Battlelore, Ancients etc), but recently started reading books on Horus Heresy and bought and played Space Hulk. So one let to another and I got the Know no fear starter - now looking forward to assembling painting space marines, learning the rules and figuring out if 40k is my cup of tea. Didnt decide on a faction yet, so going now as ultramarine for a time being.
Reason for joining the forum - I was amazed by amount of 40k people on Sunday at Hobby Bunker, so would like to join the community.

Thanks
Heroes never die
Memento
Name: Anthony
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Thousand Sons, Daemons, Ultramarines

Re: Greetings True Believers!

Postby Memento » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:48 pm

Ukromarine wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:15 pm
Hi

About myself: got interested in tabletop gaming last year, before that had toy soldiers of russian-warhammer -rip-off when I was a kid. So far played a bunch of games of commands & colors (Battle Cry, Battlelore, Ancients etc), but recently started reading books on Horus Heresy and bought and played Space Hulk. So one let to another and I got the Know no fear starter - now looking forward to assembling painting space marines, learning the rules and figuring out if 40k is my cup of tea. Didnt decide on a faction yet, so going now as ultramarine for a time being.
Reason for joining the forum - I was amazed by amount of 40k people on Sunday at Hobby Bunker, so would like to join the community.

Thanks
Welcome welcome! Happy to see a new name/face!
Indy
Name: JP Anderson
Experience Level: Intermediate
Armies: Blood Angels

Postby Indy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:13 pm

Welcome aboard.

If you post that you are looking for a teaching game in one of the "Games this week" threads, there should be a number of people willing to set up a game with you.
“Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey. The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon.”

-G.K. Chesteron
Connman234
Officer
Name: Spencer Connell
Experience Level: Intermediate
Armies: Marines, Ad-Mech, Zerkers, Necrons, Nids

Postby Connman234 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:50 pm

Welcome Rostik! Welcome to the hobby!
"Let Justice be Done. Though the Heavens Fall"

MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:59 am

Welcome! 40k is definitely a big game in these parts, with active communities at the hobby bunker as well as the "Battlegrounds" stores in various locations around Massachusetts. We've got plenty of folks happy to run teaching games, and to help you out as you build/paint your miniatures, we have a copy of the starter set with more primarius marines that you're welcome to use while you're getting started. I think the miniatures in "know no fear" may be the same, but if you wanted to have a few more miniatures to play around with in your lists, feel free to use those for your games, it's what they're there for!

I also encourage you to take your time deciding which faction to collect. 40k has an absolutely ridiculous number, and just because the starter sets contain marines a lot of people tend to ignore the huge number of options available.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
Darth Hoodie
Name: Tom X
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Black Templars

Postby Darth Hoodie » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:35 pm

Hey welcome to the club! Glad to see someone else interested in Power Armor!!! Like Scott said, before making a decision on what army you are %100 committed to I would take a good hard look at everything available. Their are so many different armies and its a great idea to "commit to your dudes" find which one you like the aesthetic of the best and go crazy!

That being said, out of all of the different factions available Loyalist Space Marines have the most options out of everyone. You can really go crazy with making them unique to you! Looking forward to seeing you around the bunker. Feel free to pull me aside if you have any questions about Marines if you run into me. They are all I have been playing all of 8th edition and i think I have them pretty well down pact at this point.
"Suffer not the unclean to live."