Pistols for Pantsthieves

The place to go for buying, selling, or trading models and bits.
goblin
Name: anthony lawrence
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: tyranids, pantsthieves, sisters+friends

Pistols for Pantsthieves

Postby goblin » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:28 pm

So I've been working on converting Mantic plague zombies/troopers into acolytes and metamorphs for my GSC since the regular kit is so damn expensive ($40 for 40pt, thanks gw...). Those kits have plenty of extra cc weapon and rending claw arm bits, but what they're seriously lacking is the pistol arms. The plague troopers have guns, but they're all rifles which isn't quite the right equipment, and I've been using tyranid spinefists as standins for the metamorphs, but I'd really like to have pistols for the acolytes (it's fluffier that way and gives me another way to differentiate the acolytes from metamorphs). Anybody have a whole pile of extra las/autopistols lying around from gsc or guard kits or know which kit might have them in solid numbers? I need about 20.
Indy
Name: JP Anderson
Experience Level: Intermediate
Armies: Blood Angels

Re: Pistols for Pantsthieves

Postby Indy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:44 pm

Lemme see what I can do.
“Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey. The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon.”

-G.K. Chesteron
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:23 pm

Well, In terms of guns that are the right SHAPE even though they'd need a bit of rework, I happen to have ~8 autopistol arms from Tzaangors. They have about the right size and shape of hand for the GSC pistol hand, you'd just need to take a spare GSC arm and give it a new hand.

easy to do if you have a lot of hand flamer bits lying around. The Tzaangor pistols are a bit ornate but with a dark paint scheme nobody will notice.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
goblin
Name: anthony lawrence
Armies: tyranids, pantsthieves, sisters+friends

Postby goblin » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:48 pm

That'd work great! Let me know if there are any bits you're looking for to do a swap (otherwise I can toss you a couple bucks).

Take a look for me anyway JP, as I'll still need several more.
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:15 pm

goblin wrote:That'd work great! Let me know if there are any bits you're looking for to do a swap (otherwise I can toss you a couple bucks).

Take a look for me anyway JP, as I'll still need several more.
Unless you have spare Harlequin bits I don't think there's much at all I need. Other Anthony might have some as they're an upgrade that costs points on tzaangors and they seemed a bit silly to take. Annoyingly, the sheet that came with them in the box said they were free so I assembled a few but then saw the official data sheet....
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
Memento
Name: Anthony
Experience Level: Experienced
Armies: Thousand Sons, Daemons, Ultramarines

Postby Memento » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:16 pm

Sorry, I'm using mine for Arcanites > Tzeentch Cultist conversions...