Necromunda interest?

Plan a game or visit on Thursday or Friday Fight Nights! The Hobby Bunker is open until 10pm for gaming.
RyanOz66
Name: Ryan Orsburn
Experience Level: Novice
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Deathwatch / Sisters

Necromunda interest?

Postby RyanOz66 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:55 am

I've been looking into necromunda lately and it has me interested, is that a game anyone in the club plays or would be interested in playing?
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Armies: All of Them

Re: Necromunda interest?

Postby MrScotty » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:42 am

RyanOz66 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:55 am
I've been looking into necromunda lately and it has me interested, is that a game anyone in the club plays or would be interested in playing?
I do, and I know at least one other person in the club does (the person who originally proposed we get the Zone Mortalis terrain wanted to buy the Necromunda models that originally could only be obtained through that box)

I really like the game system, personally. It's kind of a more in-depth version of Kill Team, with fully alternating-activation style turns and more options in actions you can take and skills you can learn.

Its biggest flaws are GW's crazy book addiction - they just KEEP releasing expansion books that fundamentally alter the base game but are only technically related to one gang, and the fact that it's mostly decoupled from the basic 40k game, meaning less people are likely to be willing to buy in and try it as they can't use their existing miniatures or play space marines.

I've got a super in depth Escher gang and a basic Orlock gang I mostly use for pick up games, as well as a full 40k army's worth of Genestealer Cultists I can use.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
RyanOz66

Postby RyanOz66 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:03 pm

Awesome to hear! I have heard that the community rules (yaktribe) are pretty good at clearing the mess that is the current rule structure. I am going to play either Van Saar or Enforcers(I'm a sucker for power armor and shields). Once I get a gang up and running I will shout out to see if you want to play one.
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:31 pm

RyanOz66 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:03 pm
Awesome to hear! I have heard that the community rules (yaktribe) are pretty good at clearing the mess that is the current rule structure. I am going to play either Van Saar or Enforcers(I'm a sucker for power armor and shields). Once I get a gang up and running I will shout out to see if you want to play one.
Yeah man, absolutely. My availability is about to tank for about a month, particularly on weekends, but I might be able to find some time on a weeknight to try playing a game.

FWIW, Van Saars are essentially the Tau of Necromunda. Necromunda's not a game where you can really do all melee (though I have heard Corpsegrinder Cult actually do this pretty solidly, I haven't played or looked at their rules) but with Van Saar you can basically get 1 passable melee character and it's gotta be your Leader, who you don't really want to fling into melee solo. Melee tends to be super cheap (the most expensive melee weapons are like 25 creds while super big guns can be 180-200) and the campaign structure sees your melee fighters as the most likely to get maimed/killed - though it does provide a very easy way for a mook to obtain glory by stabbing the pants off an expensive enemy champ.

Most Van Saar gangs have cheapo juves with short range weapons trying to keep enemy melee fighters occupied while all the expensive guys sit wayyyy at the back slinging plasma cannon shots. Enforcers look to be a more well rounded elite gang who have melee, close range and long range setups. So if the shields are a big draw, I'd definitely consider enforcers.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
RyanOz66

Postby RyanOz66 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:06 pm

They were my first choice so that's perfect! Thanks for the tips
vee
Name: Vee
Play Style: Casual
Armies: IG GSC

Postby vee » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:24 pm

I know very little about this but with a little reading my interest is triggered. It looks more similar to kill team, and maybe i could reuse my genestealer cult models?
MrScotty
Officer

Postby MrScotty » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:07 pm

You sure can. There are pretty extensive rules for gsc, with access to weapons you don't even get in the kits. Necromunda is kind of the wild west compared to GWs other games.

Neophytes and a couple acolytes or abberrants are all you really need though.
Game Preferences:
vee

Postby vee » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:11 am

Well, cool I’ll have to pick up the book and thumb through it.

If theres a week day game i’d be interested in watching/learning

*edit* ooo gsc pdf is free from gw https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ge-post-3/
RyanOz66

Postby RyanOz66 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:30 am

Now I just imagine Geedubz as the stereotypical movie drug dealer.. "first hits on the house, kid"
vee

Postby vee » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:59 am

RyanOz66 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:30 am
Now I just imagine Geedubz as the stereotypical movie drug dealer.. "first hits on the house, kid"
“Plastic Crack”