Help me write custom rules for my Chaos Lord

"Wait...is that right?!" Why not ask? This is the place to share a rules question (or revelation) you learned at the table.
effullbao
Name: Ben L
Experience Level: Novice
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Ork/Nurgle Daemons

Help me write custom rules for my Chaos Lord

Postby effullbao » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:25 pm

So I got this dumb idea to use this guy as my chaos lord.
6A2B61F3-81E1-4F17-A1F7-69F44EA77C0C.jpeg
I have him on a 40mm and for normal games, he’s be just a death guard Chaos Lord and I’ll give normal LOS rules for MEQ (not trying to model for advantage).

However since I’m not the most active or competitive player, let’s downgrade him because why the hell not?

I present Fecus, the Chosen One!

M 6, WS 4+, BS 4+, S 2, T 2, W 5, A 4, Ld 9, Sv 6+/5++

Chainsword, no pistols or grenades

Death to the False Emperor
Daemonic
Lord of Nurgle
Disgustingly Resilient
Squishable

Faction keywords: Chaos, Nurgle, Heretic Astartes, Death Guard, Daemon
Keywords: character, infantry, chaos lord, nurglings

So my first thought is to not make him any better than a base Chaos Lord. I wanted to give him the nurgling squishable rule but realized that death Guard Chaos Lords don’t have disgustingly resilient anyway. So instead of the base 3+/4++ that Chaos Lords get, I’ll trade the Sigil of Corruption for Daemonic, DR, and the squishable rule.

Next is the question of weapon. It honestly looks more like a plaguesword than a chainsword but I don’t care too much since I’m reducing his combat ability. If my goal is to make him most in line with a vanilla Chaos Lord, I’ll leave it alone but I’ll pay the extra point for reroll failed wounds and one less attack for “WYSIWYG” goodness.

I’m not looking to give him the Mischief Maker rule or any real upside to being a nurgling other than the Daemon keywords. I’m even thinking of lowering his Ld to 7 cause numbered nurgle and to fall in line of being a nurgling. Movement 6 could also be 5 but maybe a lone nurgling is faster than moving as a swarm?

Pointswise, I’ll just pay the same amount of points as a vanilla lord plus the cost of a plaguesword if that’s cool. Honestly, Since im running big boy daemons, I probably won’t have much gunljne to even take advantage of the aura, I just wanna ru he little guy and be fluffy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Re: Help me write custom rules for my Chaos Lord

Postby MrScotty » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:57 am

At one point for a pre-arranged fluff game I ran a Gretchin Revolushunary Committee as the HQ choice for my army.We used the same rules for them as an IG command squad, with the idea that they were possessed with super-grotly strength being S3 and with 2 attacks thanks to the finest and deadliest weaponry available to the grots. The revolushunary banna had its +leadership effect, but we ruled that while the squad could and always would attempt to give orders, none of the grot units were able (willing) to receive them, so they had no effect.

maybe theres a model in the Renegade rules you could use him as?
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
PrideofVulkan
Name: Andrew
Experience Level: Novice
Armies: 30k Salamanders

Postby PrideofVulkan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:16 am

I think he, like sassy nurgling, should have full demon prince stats. He has the sword and talons modeled appropriately.
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:46 pm

PrideofVulkan wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:16 am
I think he, like sassy nurgling, should have full demon prince stats. He has the sword and talons modeled appropriately.
Wait, so you're saying that the Mortarion model you used in our game wasn't the official sculpt? But he was terrifying with that helmet.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!