The possibility of an Orky Imperial Knight

"Wait...is that right?!" Why not ask? This is the place to share a rules question (or revelation) you learned at the table.
WaaaghDynasty
Name: Andrew McLellan
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Necron, AOrks, Tyranids, GSC, 30k Iron H

The possibility of an Orky Imperial Knight

Postby WaaaghDynasty » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:12 pm

After reading up on factions and detachments, I see that it is theoretically possible to bring armies that don't usually work together. I'm posting this to ask what I'm missing.

The wording for factions: "some detachments require that all units included in it to be from the same faction"
Now the main detachments such as "Patrol", Brigade", and "Vanguard" all have the restriction "All units must be from the same faction". The Super Heavy Auxiliary Detachment does not.

Is it then possible for Orks to bring an Imperial Knight as part of a battleforged army?

Related to this, is it possible to bring Orks and Tyranids as one army broken down into 2 separate Patrol Detachments? I can't see how this can be the case, but according to RAW...

What pages of the rule book detail this? Thanks!
Humans need fantasy to be Human. -Death
DrewRzez
Name: Drew
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Tau

Re: The possibility of an Orky Imperial Knight

Postby DrewRzez » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:02 pm

Pg. 214, Army Faction: All of the units in a matched play army must have at least one faction keyword in common.

Currently for Orks, that means just Orks. Oddly enough Tyranids can ally Genestealer Cults and through them Astra Militarum, but Orks are left alone.
Anacrucis
Name: Dave R
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual
Armies: BA, RG, IoM, Nids, Eldar

Postby Anacrucis » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:42 am

DrewRzez wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:02 pm
Pg. 214, Army Faction: All of the units in a matched play army must have at least one faction keyword in common.

Currently for Orks, that means just Orks. Oddly enough Tyranids can ally Genestealer Cults and through them Astra Militarum, but Orks are left alone.
So it's only not ok in matched play?
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:09 am

Yeah, you can have cross faction allies in narrative or open play, they just have yo be separate detachments.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!