Prepared Positions + Camo Cloaks

"Wait...is that right?!" Why not ask? This is the place to share a rules question (or revelation) you learned at the table.
Indy
Name: JP Anderson
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Blood Angels

Prepared Positions + Camo Cloaks

Postby Indy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:52 pm

Space Marine Scouts using Camo Cloaks get +2 for save rather than +1 when in cover:

[hidden]
If every model in a unit has a camo cloak, you can add 2 to saving throws made for models in the unit when they receive the benefits of cover, instead of 1.
[/hidden]

Prepared Positions:

[hidden]

[/hidden]

Ergo, Scouts with Camo Cloaks in the open get a 2+ save should you pop Prepared Positions.

Amiright?
“Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey. The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon.”

-G.K. Chesteron
Kman2190
Name: Kenji
Experience Level: Experienced
Armies: Space wolves, CSM and Daemons

Re: Prepared Positions + Camo Cloaks

Postby Kman2190 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:29 pm

Indy wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:52 pm
Space Marine Scouts using Camo Cloaks get +2 for save rather than +1 when in cover:

[hidden]
If every model in a unit has a camo cloak, you can add 2 to saving throws made for models in the unit when they receive the benefits of cover, instead of 1.
[/hidden]

Prepared Positions:

[hidden]

[/hidden]

Ergo, Scouts with Camo Cloaks in the open get a 2+ save should you pop Prepared Positions.

Amiright?
I think that's the correct interpretation. My question is would said scouts (with camo also whilst in cover) get a 3+ cover save if you pop Prepared Positions?
FOR THE EMPEROR
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:37 pm

Kman2190 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:29 pm
Indy wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:52 pm

[hidden]
[/hidden]

Prepared Positions:

[hidden]

[/hidden]

Amiright?
I think that's the correct interpretation. My question is would said scouts (with camo also whilst in cover) get a 3+ cover save if you pop Prepared Positions?
no, they'd get a 2+, like JP said.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
Darth Hoodie
Name: Tom X
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Black Templars

Postby Darth Hoodie » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:57 am

Seems totally useless to me JP sure the rules interaction works as you have interpreted it by why bother?

Do you want sniper scouts? Its cheeper and more efficient to take sniper scouts without camo cloaks and dump them in cover to screen your flanks and backfield? I just use regular bolter scouts for this works great plus they are "cheep" for the SM dex. Want objective camping scouts? Its a much better idea to take CCW scouts and hide them in or around LOS blocking terrain to keep them safe from being shot off an objective? Your mind works in mysterious ways mah dude.
"Suffer not the unclean to live."
Sandtiger
Name: Tomas Q.
Armies: Space Wolves, Salamanders

Postby Sandtiger » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:45 pm

Sniper Scouts can target characters with sniper rifles. I think that's what you're missing here.