Konor Mission 4: Chaos (Khorne) vs Space Wolves and Salamanders

Played a game? Post your battle reports here for discussion!
Sandtiger
Name: Tomas Q.
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Space Wolves, Salamanders

Konor Mission 4: Chaos (Khorne) vs Space Wolves and Salamanders

Postby Sandtiger » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:29 am

https://www.facebook.com/tomas.quinones ... 5529579510

Taking a minor shortcut here because I really don't want to download and post 17 pictures here. All the pictures from the game are on my Facebook profile though.
Tomas's List

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [41 PL, 798pts] ++

+ HQ +

Captain [5 PL, 102pts]: Plasma pistol, Relic blade, The Salamander's Mantle

Vulkan He'stan [8 PL, 154pts]

+ Troops +

Tactical Squad [5 PL, 101pts]
. 3x Space Marine
. Space Marine Sergeant: Chainsword, Combi-melta
. Space Marine w/Special Weapon: Meltagun

Tactical Squad [9 PL, 193pts]
. 7x Space Marine
. Space Marine Sergeant: Chainsword, Combi-melta
. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Multi-melta
. Space Marine w/Special Weapon: Meltagun

Tactical Squad [5 PL, 94pts]
. 3x Space Marine
. Space Marine Sergeant: Grav-pistol, Power fist
. Space Marine w/Special Weapon: Flamer

+ Dedicated Transport +

Razorback [5 PL, 82pts]: Twin heavy bolter

Rhino [4 PL, 72pts]: Storm bolter

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [37 PL, 687pts] ++

+ HQ +

Iron Priest on Thunderwolf [7 PL, 117pts]: Bolt pistol, Servo-arm, Thunder hammer

Ragnar Blackmane [7 PL, 141pts]

+ Elites +

Lone Wolf in Terminator Armour [7 PL, 139pts]: Storm shield, Wolf claw

Venerable Dreadnought [8 PL, 145pts]
Fenrisian Great Axe and Blizzard Shield: Blizzard shield, Fenrisian great axe

Venerable Dreadnought [8 PL, 145pts]
Fenrisian Great Axe and Blizzard Shield: Blizzard shield, Fenrisian great axe

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [64 PL, 1014pts] ++

+ HQ +

Arjac Rockfist [7 PL, 140pts]

Rune Priest on Bike [8 PL, 130pts]: 1. Storm Caller, Bolt pistol, Runic armour, Runic sword, Smite
. Bike: Twin boltgun

+ Elites +

Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour [15 PL, 280pts]
. Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour: Storm shield, Thunder hammer
. Wolf Guard Pack Leader in Terminator Armour: Storm shield, Thunder hammer

Wolf Scouts [8 PL, 126pts]: 7x Camo cloak
. Wolf Scout: Sniper rifle
. Wolf Scout Pack Leader: Bolt pistol, Sniper rifle

Wulfen [26 PL, 338pts]
. 3x Great frost axe
. 2x Thunder hammer & Stormshield: 2x Storm Shield, 2x Thunder Hammer
. 5x Wulfen
. Wulfen Pack Leader: Frost claws

++ Total: [142 PL, 2499pts] ++

I played against Spencer with my first iteration of Salamanders and Space Wolves working together, and it turned out to be an AMAZING combination. This is my new favorite toy. General idea was that the Salamanders are objective holders and the Wolves are a Death Star hammerblow. Worked really well. A friend and I cooked this up and it's amazing.

Notable scenes from the game:
Spencer Seizes the Initiative, throwing all my plans for the opening out of whack. :( This would truly affect the rest of the battle's course in so many ways I cannot count them.

World Eaters open up the game on a rampage, sending 2 squads into left flank to fight against the Salamanders and the Space Wolves' Snipers. Meanwhile, Kharn, the Lord of Skulls, and a squad of infantry charge into the right flank and the teeth of the Space Wolves and Salamanders. The squad, led by Kharn, fights through a Dreadnought, an Iron Priest, and a Rune Priest to reach Vulkan He'stan (Kharn at this point is S9 with 9 attacks and a -1 to hit to anything that targets him thanks to a Chaos Boon and his Warlord Trait)... And Vulkan He'stan simply DOES NOT CARE. Kharn puts up 7 possible wounds for Vulkan to potentially fail, and Kesare's Mantle absorbs all but one, taking 3 damage from Gorechild. When he strikes back, he strikes down Kharn's last two wounds remaining to claim Slay the Warlord.

The hulking forms of Space Wolves Dreadnoughts, Wulfen, more Khorne Berserkers, and the World Eaters Lord of Skulls wage constant war against each other, which unfortunately, the Lord of Skulls wins, thanks in no small part to that Seize the Initiative. :( They manage to slow down the Lord and the Berserkers enough that they are kept occupied however.

On the other side of the map, Captain Sandtiger and Lone Wolf Hrothgar, The Stalking Death lead the resistance of the Salamanders and Space Wolves Scouts versus the two Khorne Berserker squads sent to fight them along with a Dark Apostle and Exalted Champion. Sandtiger personally seeks out and kills both the Dark Apostle and Exalted Champion, taking 3 out of his 4 wounds in the process, and claims victory on that side of the map. Arjac and his Terminator brethren have charged upfield to claim the left objective and kill a Rhino, leaving the middle and far right objectives still to be taken. Captain Sandtiger collects his charges and rolls out on foot attempting to get there, but the World Eaters have trapped a Razorback, making it unable to fire while simultaneously shielding their bodies from fire. Ultimately, despite a heroic charge by Hrothgar to assault the World Eaters trapping the Razorback, the race to get to the center objective is lost, and the World Eaters claim victory.

GG and fun times Spencer.