*** Friday Night Fights is LIVE ***

An area for players to gather and communicate about the club or Warhammer in general. If you aren't sure where a topic should go, start here.
Memento
Name: Anthony
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Thousand Sons, Daemons, Ultramarines

Re: *** Friday Night Fights is LIVE ***

Postby Memento » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:06 am

I just got word from the brass:
Store Owner Matt wrote:We are a go for Friday nights. Starting this week 12/8. We will keep the shop open until 8:30 and then to about 10 for gaming."
The Thursday Night Games This Week sub-forum is now Thursdays & Fridays. If you're starting a new thread just be sure to use indicate whether it's for Thursday or Friday Night!
robpro
Name: Rob
Experience Level: Novice
Armies: Necrons, Eldar, single malt scotch

Postby robpro » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:24 pm

Fridays sound like a lot of fun, especially if there's potential for AoS or Shadespire action. I haven't been able to make it down on Sundays as often as I would like but could definitely try for Friday.
The cosmic serpent
Name: Keith
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Eldar (CWE, DE, H), GK, Crons, Tau, AL

Postby The cosmic serpent » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:23 am

What about having an "old" hammer night where we alternate playing prior editions? I understand some people might not have access to old rules (can be sourced cheaply or borrowed however) or some of their newer models wouldn't work (came out after prior editions) but that's part of the point to mix it up a bit.

It would also give the "new" guys a chance to see what some of us "old" guys talk about. If anything it gives a chance to use blast and flamer templates again lol, or remember what it's like for vehicles to have facings.
Memento
Name: Anthony
Experience Level: Experienced
Armies: Thousand Sons, Daemons, Ultramarines

Postby Memento » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:47 am

The cosmic serpent wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:23 am
What about having an "old" hammer night where we alternate playing prior editions? I understand some people might not have access to old rules (can be sourced cheaply or borrowed however) or some of their newer models wouldn't work (came out after prior editions) but that's part of the point to mix it up a bit.

It would also give the "new" guys a chance to see what some of us "old" guys talk about. If anything it gives a chance to use blast and flamer templates again lol, or remember what it's like for vehicles to have facings.
So... 30k? :lol:

Age of Darkness is a fully supported system!
The cosmic serpent
Name: Keith
Experience Level: Intermediate
Armies: Eldar (CWE, DE, H), GK, Crons, Tau, AL

Postby The cosmic serpent » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:34 pm

Memento wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:47 am

errrr I guess that does fit the requirements above lol 30k is definitely welcome but I was thinking prior editions. I didn't play much of 5th for example so it could be fun to try out sometime. Would love to do a 3rd edition game using Eldar at some point. Stuff like that.
Draaen
Name: Mark
Experience Level: Advanced
Armies: Tau, Space Marines, Daemons

Postby Draaen » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:17 am

Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:34 pm
Memento wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:47 am

errrr I guess that does fit the requirements above lol 30k is definitely welcome but I was thinking prior editions. I didn't play much of 5th for example so it could be fun to try out sometime. Would love to do a 3rd edition game using Eldar at some point. Stuff like that.
It would be interesting to try out my 3rd edition Tau and see if they are as bad as I remember them to be or if it was just me lol.
Game Preferences:
Current Beta rules in effect
I'm happy to play lower points levels with people who are staring out or building up new forces
Fair warning my doofy daemons have 3rd party models, scratch builds, old warhammer models and I haven't moved all their bases over to the 40k ones yet! Happy to switch to either Tau or White Scars.
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:01 am

I have a whole bunch of 2nd edition Harlequins that I would be incredibly excited to play some serious oldhammer with if anyone wanted to get SUPER beardy.

I've never tried 2nd but I think that would be a goofy blast.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
goblin
Name: anthony lawrence
Armies: tyranids, pantsthieves, sisters+friends

Postby goblin » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:58 pm

I have a whole bunch of 2nd edition Harlequins that I would be incredibly excited to play some serious oldhammer with if anyone wanted to get SUPER beardy.

I have the 2nd ed tyranid and sisters codices (though not a core rulebook...) that might be amusing to give a try. I think this would take quite a while since we'd basically be learning the rules on the fly since I've never played 2nd either, but it could be worth an afternoon :lol:
Cav Baron
Name: Rich L
Experience Level: Novice
Armies: Ultra Marines, Cult Mech

Postby Cav Baron » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:21 pm

Am I the only person interested in playing 30k ?? Didn't think I'd say it but I'm starting to wish Horus moved over to 8th edition... all those beautiful models 😪
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:02 pm

goblin wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:58 pm

I have the 2nd ed tyranid and sisters codices (though not a core rulebook...) that might be amusing to give a try. I think this would take quite a while since we'd basically be learning the rules on the fly since I've never played 2nd either, but it could be worth an afternoon :lol:
urrently have and am reading my way through a compiled, edited for clarity PDF version (with handy dandy links between sections!) that includes all the army lists and rules from the various white dwarves that created the beastie that was 2nd ed 40k.

My Harlequin army in 2nd ed is actually nearly the same number of models as my 40k quinn army, but boy oh boy have the costs changed around! 60 point solitaire, 250 point shadowseer! Yowza!
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!