Painting Group Poll

An area for players to gather and communicate about the club or Warhammer in general. If you aren't sure where a topic should go, start here.

Most Convenient Day for a Hobby Group? (Select up to 2 convenient days)

I'd prefer to meet in person
8
22%
I'd prefer to meet online
7
19%
Monday
7
19%
Tuesday
4
11%
Wednesday
0
No votes
Thursday
2
5%
Friday
8
22%
Saturday
1
3%
Sunday
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 37
User avatar
MrScotty
Officer
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:55 am
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Painting Group Poll

Postby MrScotty » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:07 pm

Hello All!

Ian (ChaplainT) has expressed interest in rekindling a hobby group in Grimdark Gaming. Since it seems only certain people can set up polls I am putting it together. The poll allows for 3 answers, it is intended that you answer one of the two "how should we meet" options, and then select up to two convenient days you to meet up.

1. Would you prefer an in-person painting session, or an online painting session (skype, google hangouts, etc)

2. Which day is most convenient for you to paint as a group? Second most convenient (in case there's no clearly defined winner)?
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
User avatar
MrScotty
Officer
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:55 am
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Re: Painting Group Poll

Postby MrScotty » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:11 pm

My personal vote is:

Online is obviously easiest, but I do live in close proximity to the hobby bunker and I do own a car, so I could likely be flexible between online or in person. I understand that in person groups are often more fun as you can bring along some beers and see the stuff people are painting in real time. I've voted for "in person" in the poll but I would also be perfectly happy with an online hangout.

Monday I have availability from about 4PM in the afternoon to around 8:30PM, but I can also make Friday work in the afternoon. I wake up extremely early for work so there is not really a day I'd be able to commit to being out after like 9PM - I tend to be in bed by 10:30 on worknights.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
User avatar
CHAPLAIN T
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:07 am
Name: Ian R.
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual
Armies: ULTRAMARINES 1ST COMPANY

Re: Painting Group Poll

Postby CHAPLAIN T » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:57 pm

Thank you, Mr. Scotty, for your help in getting this poll off the ground. I appreciate it!

I voted for in person as well. Generally speaking, I work 9am-5:30pm, Monday - Friday. Boring ass office work! But I could hop a train or uber to the bunker for a paint night just about any night of the week. My only hang up is that I can get there any earlier than say....6pm? So, in an perfect, ideal, world, I would paint with you guys from 6pm till somewhere around 9:30pm. I also realize the bunker itself may conflict with these hours. Im unfamiliar with how late they stay open (or if they bend the rules a bit for club related stuff).
User avatar
MrScotty
Officer
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:55 am
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Re: Painting Group Poll

Postby MrScotty » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:20 pm

CHAPLAIN T wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:57 pm
Thank you, Mr. Scotty, for your help in getting this poll off the ground. I appreciate it!

I voted for in person as well. Generally speaking, I work 9am-5:30pm, Monday - Friday. Boring ass office work! But I could hop a train or uber to the bunker for a paint night just about any night of the week. My only hang up is that I can get there any earlier than say....6pm? So, in an perfect, ideal, world, I would paint with you guys from 6pm till somewhere around 9:30pm. I also realize the bunker itself may conflict with these hours. Im unfamiliar with how late they stay open (or if they bend the rules a bit for club related stuff).
They are open late thursday, friday, and saturday. They close at 6pm all other days of the week (which doesn't usually matter to us much on sundays because we can start at noon but which is generally prohibitive on any weekday)

I know for a fact the bunker would be tickled pink if we did manage to organize a regular group for fridays.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
User avatar
Indy
Member
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:57 pm
Name: JP Anderson
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Blood Angels
Location: Melrose

Re: Painting Group Poll

Postby Indy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:05 pm

I think Fridays could be a good night since many of us are often there playing...could be a fun "just show up" kind of night where you can get a game in or have an excuse to paint if not.
“Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey. The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon.”

-G.K. Chesteron
User avatar
Darth Hoodie
Member
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:45 pm
Name: Tom X
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Black Templars + Inquisition
Location: North Shore

Re: Painting Group Poll

Postby Darth Hoodie » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:47 pm

I second all of JPs points.
"Suffer not the unclean to live."
User avatar
MrScotty
Officer
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:55 am
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Re: Painting Group Poll

Postby MrScotty » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:15 pm

Only downside to the bunker is airbrush tutorials become more awkward.

"The most important thing to remember in a space like this is to wear a mask or you might get brain damage. But, since we all have masks and the only other people in here are magic players, I'll go ahead and fire this baby up!"
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
User avatar
The Last Acton Hero
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:11 am
Name: Thomas E
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Salamander Space Marines

Re: Painting Group Poll

Postby The Last Acton Hero » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:50 pm

MrScotty wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:15 pm
Only downside to the bunker is airbrush tutorials become more awkward.

"The most important thing to remember in a space like this is to wear a mask or you might get brain damage. But, since we all have masks and the only other people in here are magic players, I'll go ahead and fire this baby up!"
I'm dying right now
User avatar
Memento
Posts: 990
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:42 pm
Name: Anthony
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Thousand Sons, Daemons, Ultramarines

Re: Painting Group Poll

Postby Memento » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:34 pm

The Last Acton Hero wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:50 pm
MrScotty wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:15 pm
Only downside to the bunker is airbrush tutorials become more awkward.

"The most important thing to remember in a space like this is to wear a mask or you might get brain damage. But, since we all have masks and the only other people in here are magic players, I'll go ahead and fire this baby up!"
I'm dying right now
It's because you're not wearing you're mask isn't it? We covered this!
User avatar
CHAPLAIN T
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:07 am
Name: Ian R.
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual
Armies: ULTRAMARINES 1ST COMPANY

Re: Painting Group Poll

Postby CHAPLAIN T » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:52 pm

Fridays seem to be shaping up nicely...

When it comes to airbrushing ventilation, Im a horrible example to follow. I mostly rely on my facial hair as a built-in mask. Does it work? Hilariously bad. But you try wearing a mask for 3 hours with a raccoon growing out of your face.