Horus Heresy/30k Interest

An area for players to gather and communicate about the club or Warhammer in general. If you aren't sure where a topic should go, start here.
Indy
Name: JP Anderson
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Blood Angels

Horus Heresy/30k Interest

Postby Indy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:31 am

Hi all,

A few of us have been talking and I'd like to check the pulse on how many of us play Horus Heresy/30k. I know we have quite the strong 40k community, as well as Kill Team, and other GW games as well.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9ZLJF2K

Looking to see how much interest there is at the moment.

Thanks!

-jp
“Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey. The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon.”

-G.K. Chesteron
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Armies: All of Them

Re: Horus Heresy/30k Interest

Postby MrScotty » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:51 pm

I'll be completely honest: I own a full 2k+ point 30k army, and my level of interest in pursuing 30k is precisely 0. Between Forgeworld essentially shutting down their rules division since 7th, cranking their already absurd prices straight through the roof for customers in the US and the game still having all the old things I disliked about 7th edition, I'm left sitting here wishing I could either get rules for the great minis that I have (and like) for 30k, or that I could find anyone willing to buy them now that interest in the game system seems to have evaporated.

Forgeworld has gone from the "seems much nicer in contrast" sister company to 40k, with seemingly better rules balance, less crazy cashgrabs, and more transparency, to what seems like a devolved flashback to the bad old days of Games Workshop now.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
Indy
Name: JP Anderson
Experience Level: Intermediate
Armies: Blood Angels

Postby Indy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:59 pm

MrScotty wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:51 pm
I'll be completely honest: I own a full 2k+ point 30k army, and my level of interest in pursuing 30k is precisely 0. Between Forgeworld essentially shutting down their rules division since 7th, cranking their already absurd prices straight through the roof for customers in the US and the game still having all the old things I disliked about 7th edition, I'm left sitting here wishing I could either get rules for the great minis that I have (and like) for 30k, or that I could find anyone willing to buy them now that interest in the game system seems to have evaporated.

Forgeworld has gone from the "seems much nicer in contrast" sister company to 40k, with seemingly better rules balance, less crazy cashgrabs, and more transparency, to what seems like a devolved flashback to the bad old days of Games Workshop now.
"He's dead, Jim!"

Checking the pulse, even if it's a flatline :)
“Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey. The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon.”

-G.K. Chesteron
Anacrucis
Name: Dave R
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual
Armies: BA, RG, IoM, Nids, Eldar

Postby Anacrucis » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:17 pm

My membership has lapsed (a situation I may rectify for the narrative event thingy coming up) and I’m pretty far from Malden now but I’m actually focusing MORE on 30k than 40K presently. I’m currently working through a 500 point pledge for January. I have a ton of stuff that only got partly painted or not painted at all.

As the guys on Geno52 podcast put it, Middle Earth SBG guys have gone decades without new fiction and when for quite a long time without rules updates but they still love their game so no reason we should give up on ours.
79F08F6C-B93A-4AC0-A6A4-8A3A89025F04.jpeg
Indy wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:31 am
Hi all,

A few of us have been talking and I'd like to check the pulse on how many of us play Horus Heresy/30k. I know we have quite the strong 40k community, as well as Kill Team, and other GW games as well.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9ZLJF2K

Looking to see how much interest there is at the moment.

Thanks!

-jp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.