Help me transport my BUGS!

An area for players to gather and communicate about the club or Warhammer in general. If you aren't sure where a topic should go, start here.
Connman234
Officer
Name: Spencer Connell
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Marines, Ad-Mech, Zerkers, Necrons, Nids

Help me transport my BUGS!

Postby Connman234 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:16 pm

Hey Guys. I need some input. I'm trying to figure out the optimal way to transport lots of dynamically posed infantry. Any input on how you guys transport lots of infantry is appreciated (Pictures of ideas would be even better)? A thought was to follow Dave's setup I've seen here and there with a cake carrier with a magnet bottom, but I'm trying to look at all options.

Here is the "current" list that I'm thinking about transporting.

Swarmlord
Broodlord
24 Genestealers
72 Hormagaunts
3 Venomthropes (Very Spindly arms)
3 Biovores
3 Hive Guard
4 Carnifexes
"Let Justice be Done. Though the Heavens Fall"

Sandtiger
Name: Tomas Q.
Experience Level: Experienced
Armies: Space Wolves, Salamanders

Re: Help me transport my BUGS!

Postby Sandtiger » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:10 pm

Genestealers should be similar, I think, to Vanguard Vets which can be transported by a GW case of foam pretty easily. If you need to you can lie one down on its side if it has particularly weird or prone-to-break arms (I always lie down my Sergeant of my VanVets squad to protect the sword he carries from being somehow broken).

Hormagaunts should also be fine to use with normal Citadel foam trays as long as you face them in one direction, it seems to me, and be careful with their arms as necessary. Maybe stick the spindly arms that stick out on the edges so that you can have an extra space for them or so.
PlaguemasterFlex
Officer
Name: Dave
Experience Level: Experienced
Armies: CSM (Death Guard) + Daemons

Re: Help me transport my BUGS!

Postby PlaguemasterFlex » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:12 am

Large plastic tub with lid.
Cut piece of sheet metal and lay at bottom.
Glue magnets to all bases.
A 24" x 17" should fit more than 200 models on 25mm bases.
If you need more storage get more tubs. They stack and you can use a bungee to tie a few together if you need to take them around.

Metal models, especially large monsters, present issues sometimes so you need stronger magnets, but for other guys a 4mm x 2mm round neodymium magnet works great.

Here are 120 plaguebearers a tree and characters:
img_20181211_144221.jpg
And flipped upside down, I use this as a transport and display board for tournaments. Just follow the same procedure but put the metal in the lid. There are over 200 models of varying sizes here.
img_20181211_144126.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.