Chapter Approved Points Leaks

An area for players to gather and communicate about the club or Warhammer in general. If you aren't sure where a topic should go, start here.
Darth Hoodie
Name: Tom X
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Black Templars + Inquisition

Re: Chapter Approved Points Leaks

Postby Darth Hoodie » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:49 pm

It mainly boils down to CP utility to me. Yea in order to get the most out of the detachment your ideally spending 2cp to get both strats off in the fight phase one for the 5++ and the other for the +1 attack and re roll wounds. I dont like the idea of spending 2cp a fight phase on only 5 guys....
"Suffer not the unclean to live."
Eisenfresser
Name: Steven Hirsch
Experience Level: Intermediate
Armies: IG Tanks

Postby Eisenfresser » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:00 pm

MrScotty wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:47 am
Reading through some of the formation rules, I am definitely making use of several with my army.

Emperor's Blade is exactly what I've needed to make my more traditional "infantry units with special weapons and a mix of regular infantry and vets" Vostroyan Guard setup work in 8th edition. The warlord trait brings back the old Command Chimera rule and as a cherry on top automatically gives the commander a Vox Caster (So I can add voxes to my infantry squads and the rule doesn't have to feel incredibly clunky). The Rapid Redeploy stratagem also makes my units feel like a mechanized army again, using transports to gain actual additional maneuverability in the movement phase.
I want to like the Emperor's Blade. And I'm gonna try it out. But it's a bunch of CP to do stuff that should have been built-in.
Chimera's should already have been voxes.
The Rapid Redeploy stratagem is what the Steel Legion doctrine should have been.
Mechanized Fire Support is good in principle, but the weapons on the transports are underwhelming, sooo . . .

But I do love the Emperor's Fist and I'm putting 5 Leman Russes on the table this Sunday.
Game preferences:
+1 to going first roll if you finish deploying first
All terrain is "statuary"
No First Blood - it's basically a bonus VP for going first
Current Beta rules

Army
4,500 points of Imperial Guard
2,800 of tanks alone
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:27 pm

Eisenfresser wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:00 pm
MrScotty wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:47 am
Reading through some of the formation rules, I am definitely making use of several with my army.

Emperor's Blade is exactly what I've needed to make my more traditional "infantry units with special weapons and a mix of regular infantry and vets" Vostroyan Guard setup work in 8th edition. The warlord trait brings back the old Command Chimera rule and as a cherry on top automatically gives the commander a Vox Caster (So I can add voxes to my infantry squads and the rule doesn't have to feel incredibly clunky). The Rapid Redeploy stratagem also makes my units feel like a mechanized army again, using transports to gain actual additional maneuverability in the movement phase.
I want to like the Emperor's Blade. And I'm gonna try it out. But it's a bunch of CP to do stuff that should have been built-in.
Chimera's should already have been voxes.
The Rapid Redeploy stratagem is what the Steel Legion doctrine should have been.
Mechanized Fire Support is good in principle, but the weapons on the transports are underwhelming, sooo . . .

But I do love the Emperor's Fist and I'm putting 5 Leman Russes on the table this Sunday.
Under the current rules, my multilaser/heavy bolter sentinels were 95 points. With Chapter Approved, a double heavy flamer chimera is 88. Planning out my army setup for the Emperor's Blade, I've got three chimera models: one is basic ML/HB, so that'll be the command vehicle - designed to sit in the back and not get near the action, so it gets no extra bells and whistles.

the other two I am planning on running as double heavy flamer, and stuffing with veterans. As I have so many vostroyan flamer models, most likely one of those veteran squads will have triple flamer+heavy flamer, and the other will probably be something like all plasma.

That puts a lot of enemy anti tank focus on destroying little piddly 80-90 point vehicles while I have the usual leman russes and artillery grinding away.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
Eisenfresser
Name: Steven Hirsch
Experience Level: Intermediate
Armies: IG Tanks

Postby Eisenfresser » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:11 am

MrScotty wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:27 pm
the other two I am planning on running as double heavy flamer, and stuffing with veterans. As I have so many vostroyan flamer models, most likely one of those veteran squads will have triple flamer+heavy flamer, and the other will probably be something like all plasma.

That puts a lot of enemy anti tank focus on destroying little piddly 80-90 point vehicles while I have the usual leman russes and artillery grinding away.
So I thought about this, but my worry is that the heavy flamer just doesn't have the range. I'll have to be smart with model positioning for this to be viable.

Though at that point value the transports really make sense. Now I'm just debating what my next purchase is: tank or transport. (Which is GW succeeding at their mission :D )
Game preferences:
+1 to going first roll if you finish deploying first
All terrain is "statuary"
No First Blood - it's basically a bonus VP for going first
Current Beta rules

Army
4,500 points of Imperial Guard
2,800 of tanks alone
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:59 am

Eisenfresser wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:11 am
MrScotty wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:27 pm

So I thought about this, but my worry is that the heavy flamer just doesn't have the range. I'll have to be smart with model positioning for this to be viable.

Though at that point value the transports really make sense. Now I'm just debating what my next purchase is: tank or transport. (Which is GW succeeding at their mission :D )
Second Baneblade chassis: TANKSPORT!

I kid. 78 point el cheapo chimeras are really quite nice though.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!