News about the Vigilus weekender

An area for players to gather and communicate about the club or Warhammer in general. If you aren't sure where a topic should go, start here.
Sandtiger
Name: Tomas Q.
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Space Wolves, Salamanders

News about the Vigilus weekender

Postby Sandtiger » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:15 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/c ... h=1115bda9

Admin approved post.

I happened across this a couple days ago and the points brought out are interesting. I am a big fan of a lot of this, they sound overall good and like a nice improvement on what we already have. The formations stuff is particularly intriguing to me; I really want to know what kind of things they're cooking up there. Also incredibly excited about new narrative campaigns like Vigilus coming out.

Feel free to weigh in with further thoughts and opinions :)

--TMQ
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Armies: All of Them

Re: News about the Vigilus weekender

Postby MrScotty » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:01 am

Someone did a page-by-page scan of the preview they showed and was able to piece together the rules for the ork "Blitz Brigade" detachment.

You can spend 3CP to declare any ork detachment a "Blitz Brigade" which gives all your Battlewagons (and variants like Bonecrushas) and Warbikers the "Blitz Brigade" keyword.

It grants a special warlord trait (A warlord aboard a Blitz Brigade battlewagon can grant it the Waaagh ability to advance and charge while he's embarked, called "Back Seat Driver")
A special relic (A loudspeaker that gives reroll 1s to hit for Blitz Brigade units within 6" as long as the warlord is embarked on a Blitz Brigade battlewagon)
and a couple special stratagems - one that gives rerolls to hit on the charge to blitz brigade units, and one that allows a nearby ork infantry unit to basically come along for the ride in the movement phase without embarking on board - called "Hang On, Boyz!")

it seems decently strong, with an alright warlord trait, and one good stratagem in Hang On Boyz, but 3CP is fairly costly even for a horde faction like orks just to unlock it all. I'll definitely be using it with my Evil Sunz on occasion, but only when I bring along at least a brigade detachment!
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
Darth Hoodie
Name: Tom X
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Black Templars + Inquisition

Postby Darth Hoodie » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:12 pm

Curious to see what kind of love BT get, they had a somewhat prominent place in the lore with the Return of GMan maybe some tabletop love is in the works? We can only hope.

I will admit however to being more curious about the new Primaris Battleforces specificially the Imperial Fists Box. It CLEARLY features an intercessor with a power fist. Are the Big Marines going to actually get wargear options now? Im a strange mix between excited and upset, excited because I have been loving my Intercessors on the tabletop and upset because lets be honest here. I already have 30 intercessors....
"Suffer not the unclean to live."
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:39 pm

Darth Hoodie wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:12 pm
Curious to see what kind of love BT get, they had a somewhat prominent place in the lore with the Return of GMan maybe some tabletop love is in the works? We can only hope.

I will admit however to being more curious about the new Primaris Battleforces specificially the Imperial Fists Box. It CLEARLY features an intercessor with a power fist. Are the Big Marines going to actually get wargear options now? Im a strange mix between excited and upset, excited because I have been loving my Intercessors on the tabletop and upset because lets be honest here. I already have 30 intercessors....
Apparently it's a Fists upgrade sprue and they and they alone get powerfists.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!