Coming soon: A new Campaign

An area for players to gather and communicate about the club or Warhammer in general. If you aren't sure where a topic should go, start here.
Sandtiger
Name: Tomas Q.
Experience Level: Experienced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: Space Wolves, Salamanders

Re: Coming soon: A new Campaign

Postby Sandtiger » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:06 pm

Interested
Wynce
Name: Dan McDonough
Armies: Marines, Tau, Guard

Postby Wynce » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:41 am

Sign me up
Salamanders and Space Wolves
vee
Name: Vee
Experience Level: Novice
Play Style: Casual
Armies: IG GSC

Postby vee » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:34 pm

I’m interested although today i’m not at the point where i can field above 200 points of kill team
CarbonMagos
Name: Eric S
Armies: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard

Postby CarbonMagos » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:11 pm

Interested.
waddledom
Name: Dominic H
Experience Level: Novice
Armies: Space-marines

Postby waddledom » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:48 pm

Sign me the heck up!
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:15 am

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jx3 ... sp=sharing

This is a viewing link to my work-in-progress packet for the campaign. When the campaign is active, each warzone will have its terrain set located on a designated shelf, with a packet containing the relevant rules for the warzone and a copy of the three missions available there, as well as a few pictures of the terrain setup to give players an idea of the type and density of terrain they should go for. If anyone wants to do me a favor and test any of these boards/missions, feel free to in the next few weeks and post up a quick writeup of what you thought. I'll be changing up the rules and missions while I do the preparations for the campaign, so any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
Eisenfresser
Name: Steven Hirsch
Experience Level: Intermediate
Armies: IG Tanks

Postby Eisenfresser » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:28 pm

I'll be bringing the Chaos to wreck stuff.
Game preferences:
+1 to going first roll if you finish deploying first
All terrain is "statuary"
No First Blood - it's basically a bonus VP for going first
Current Beta rules

Army
4,500 points of Imperial Guard
2,800 of tanks alone
Draaen
Name: Mark
Armies: Tau, White Scars, Tyranids (Nidzilla)

Postby Draaen » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:12 pm

Sounds cool. I'll give these a spin and provide my thoughts.

I'm thinking of using my nids so free agent seems the best way to represent something that has no allegiance and just wants to devour the most bio-mass.

A couple of questions after a brief read through.

The free agent legendary captain bonus for free agents does not have the 9 wound maximum limitation. Is this intended to allow larger models i.e. hive tyrants to be able to get the hero bonuses?
When and how are the challenges and matches going to be set up?
Can two free agents fight against each other and each declare for one side? I know one game I'll be playing against my brother one week so I want to make sure me being a free agent wouldn't stop that.
Game Preferences:
Current Beta rules in effect
I'm happy to play lower points levels with people who are staring out or building up new forces
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:25 pm

Draaen wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:12 pm
Sounds cool. I'll give these a spin and provide my thoughts.

I'm thinking of using my nids so free agent seems the best way to represent something that has no allegiance and just wants to devour the most bio-mass.

A couple of questions after a brief read through.

The free agent legendary captain bonus for free agents does not have the 9 wound maximum limitation. Is this intended to allow larger models i.e. hive tyrants to be able to get the hero bonuses?
When and how are the challenges and matches going to be set up?
Can two free agents fight against each other and each declare for one side? I know one game I'll be playing against my brother one week so I want to make sure me being a free agent wouldn't stop that.
No, that is an oversight - I don't want tank commanders, disco lords, hive tyrants or other really huge characters getting those kinds of benefits.

Challenges and matchups will be set up like we normally do on the Games This Week forum, with the exception that someone who wants to participate in the campaign should say what team they're on and what area they'd like to attack.

If two people not participating in the campaign want to declare as free agents then...yeah, I guess they can play against each other, just declare which teams they're fighting for in advance.

I'll be honest, this is a curveball right out of the gate - I designed the Free Agents rules with situations like your game with your brother in mind, where an irregular who isn't involved in the initial setup for the campaign wants to get a game in but everyone is playing the campaign, I wanted a person like that to be able to participate with the confidence that they'd be getting easily understandable and powerful benefits and not going in blind against someone with tons of crazy campaign house-rules in their favor. The idea is to be able to figure out what works for your army setup quickly and without a ton of forward planning, not necessarily that the benefits be super balanced against the normal campaign benefits.

When you test out your first couple of games, would you do me a favor Mark and see how the matchup between someone with free agent benefits feels versus someone with say 5-6VPs worth of regular benefits? In concept I'm cool with players choosing to be dedicated free agents, if anything it might help to have someone play spoiler against whatever team is currently ahead. I just want to make sure it's not too crazy.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
Draaen
Name: Mark
Armies: Tau, White Scars, Tyranids (Nidzilla)

Postby Draaen » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:03 pm

MrScotty wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:25 pm
No, that is an oversight - I don't want tank commanders, disco lords, hive tyrants or other really huge characters getting those kinds of benefits.

Challenges and matchups will be set up like we normally do on the Games This Week forum, with the exception that someone who wants to participate in the campaign should say what team they're on and what area they'd like to attack.

If two people not participating in the campaign want to declare as free agents then...yeah, I guess they can play against each other, just declare which teams they're fighting for in advance.

I'll be honest, this is a curveball right out of the gate - I designed the Free Agents rules with situations like your game with your brother in mind, where an irregular who isn't involved in the initial setup for the campaign wants to get a game in but everyone is playing the campaign, I wanted a person like that to be able to participate with the confidence that they'd be getting easily understandable and powerful benefits and not going in blind against someone with tons of crazy campaign house-rules in their favor. The idea is to be able to figure out what works for your army setup quickly and without a ton of forward planning, not necessarily that the benefits be super balanced against the normal campaign benefits.

When you test out your first couple of games, would you do me a favor Mark and see how the matchup between someone with free agent benefits feels versus someone with say 5-6VPs worth of regular benefits? In concept I'm cool with players choosing to be dedicated free agents, if anything it might help to have someone play spoiler against whatever team is currently ahead. I just want to make sure it's not too crazy.
I will definitely test that out and let you know what I think. I am also not opposed to playing on a dedicated team either rather then team hangry if you think that would be better for the campaign.

My broodlord is going to feel very special this campaign lol.
Game Preferences:
Current Beta rules in effect
I'm happy to play lower points levels with people who are staring out or building up new forces