Plastic Sisters Box Set News

An area for players to gather and communicate about the club or Warhammer in general. If you aren't sure where a topic should go, start here.
spruter
Name: Seth Pruter
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Sisters of Battle, Blood Angels

Plastic Sisters Box Set News

Postby spruter » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:33 pm

They finally have shown the box set and trickled in some other News

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... agellants/

What We learned:
25 Models with Troops HQ Elites Dice and Codex
Plastic Arco Flagellants (with new weapons?)
Confirmed Monopose (they even had the audacity to spin it as a positive)
Only this Box set will be out, for the other models they've shown it will come later (no date given)

Despite the unfortunate things I'm still beyond excited to see what will be in the Codex and to Spam the board with transportable Penitent Engines!!!!!!

The one thing that I'm personally bummed to see is just how incompatible the new Seraphim are with the old ones but fortunately I never bought too many of them.

EDIT: Also in some circles there have been "rumors" that there is a height difference between the new sisters and the pewter ones entirely based off Veridian, Amalia, and the New Canoness. As the owner of all 3 (thank you Spencer) I can confirm that it is complete hogwash. Veridian, yes, but she's an older model, a freak of nature and also has 40 inch high heels. Amalia has a higher base and her legs are more vertical than the other sisters but when lining up a similar straight legged pewter sister they were the same height. And I have no idea what they are talking about with the new Canoness because she's the exact same height as the old one.
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Re: Plastic Sisters Box Set News

Postby MrScotty » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:43 pm

I was expecting the models to be monopose, and then for them to release a full kit later with swappable options. The repeat poses and stuff like the flamer sister with burning dude is pretty indicative of that. It's the same thing they did with Shadowspear, Deathwatch Overkill, and Dark Imperium. The eventual kit molds are based off the same CAD files but cut differently so as to not be monopose anymore.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
spruter
Name: Seth Pruter
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Sisters of Battle, Blood Angels

Postby spruter » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:04 am

That's a relief, and I'm glad to know that there is president for this.
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:21 am

spruter wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:04 am
That's a relief, and I'm glad to know that there is president for this.
Yeah, it's a thing they've been doing for a while to heavily condense sprue space. The sunk cost of plastic models is by the sprue, and if let's say the eventual sisters kit is a 3-sprue 10 woman 50$ kit deal, the 5-woman seraphim and repentia kits are the usual 2-sprue 40$ kits, and the penitent engine is a 2-sprue small vehicle, they can condense all the infantry together onto about 4-5 big sprues with all the optional bits removed and the units mixed together. That's also why these army boxes tend to be more models for lower price points than stuff like start collecting or the various discount bundle boxes.

DW: Overkill was their first foray into this, and they made the mistake of putting all three characters onto the same sprue together, so now Genestealer Cultists have to buy a "Broodcoven Box" with 3 monopose characters for like 60$. But I don't think they've been making that mistake a second time, all the characters coming out with box sets recently have been on their eventual sprues.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!