making models out of bits...

An area for players to gather and communicate about the club or Warhammer in general. If you aren't sure where a topic should go, start here.
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Experience Level: Advanced
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Re: making models out of bits...

Postby MrScotty » Wed May 08, 2019 10:47 pm

waddledom wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:02 pm
MrScotty wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:33 pm
waddledom wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 1:53 pm

i see, well now i know for next time!
Another thing to keep in mind is that if you are willing to drop a little bit more at once, space marines in particular have some veeery good combo-pack dealies in the form of "start collecting" boxes and starter kits.

Know no Fear, Start Collecting: Space Marines, and the new Shadowspear box all have a bundled bunch of marine kits you can get for a combined discount on top of the bunker's discount if you have them order it in for you. you get I think like 15$ off the contents of Start Collecting Space Marines plus the club discount shaves off another 13$. While you can score some really great secondhand deals on ebay, you generally want to shoot for the absolute crappiest looking fully assembled and fully painted stuff to get more than 50% off. To me, the extra effort required to get an extra 10-15$ of value, considering bare minimum to strip the minis requires at least 6 or 7$ of supplies to do...not usually worth it in my book. I've done it before. I have a 10$ ebay leman russ tank who earned the name "Matroshka" after she turned out to have not one, not two, but five different color schemes applied to her successively!
thanks, i will definitely consider for next time! did you say FIVE paint schemes??? what were they?
I don't remember all of them. It started as a black/grey messy camo, then it was baby blue, and I think it was like standard army green at some point. Took a lot of work with the toothbrush to get it all off.
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!