Painting Group Poll

An area for players to gather and communicate about the club or Warhammer in general. If you aren't sure where a topic should go, start here.

Most Convenient Day for a Hobby Group? (Select up to 2 convenient days)

I'd prefer to meet in person
22%
I'd prefer to meet online
19%
Monday
19%
Tuesday
11%
Wednesday
No votes
Thursday
5%
Friday
22%
Saturday
3%
Sunday
No votes

Total votes: 37
RichHammer
Name: Rich Z.
Experience Level: Intermediate
Play Style: Casual
Armies: Dark Angels, Daemons, 30k TSons

Re: Painting Group Poll

Postby RichHammer » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:43 pm

I voted for online just because it's tough for me to get over to the bunker on a week night and weekends are usually either busy or for playing with the painted plastic toys. Online some night during the week maybe every other week would be ideal for me, sort of like we used to do. I would definitely be interested in some group meetups once in a while with specific tutorials or areas of focus. Always down to learn some new techniques to improve my painting.
CHAPLAIN T
Name: Ian R.
Experience Level: Advanced
Armies: ULTRAMARINES 1ST COMPANY

Postby CHAPLAIN T » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:43 pm

So, it's been a little over a week and the numbers seem to point to an online meet up on Fridays. I believe an online meet up would pair nicely on Monday nights to pick up the folks who otherwise couldnt make it in person. Additionally, the extended operating hours on Fridays would really help to make an in-person meeting possible.

How do we feel about a starting time of 6pm? 6:30pm?

How late would people be interested in painting/socializing? (within the hours of the bunker, of course)
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Play Style: Casual+Competitive
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:54 pm

CHAPLAIN T wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:43 pm
So, it's been a little over a week and the numbers seem to point to an online meet up on Fridays. I believe an online meet up would pair nicely on Monday nights to pick up the folks who otherwise couldnt make it in person. Additionally, the extended operating hours on Fridays would really help to make an in-person meeting possible.

How late would people be interested in painting/socializing? (within the hours of the bunker, of course)
Personally, I could meet on a friday from 6-6:30 to about 9-9:30. That would give me plenty of time to get home from work, eat a quick dinner and get out to the bunker, and I'd be home before I start to get tired.

I think the bunker is open until 10 with extended hours?
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
CHAPLAIN T

Postby CHAPLAIN T » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:25 pm

That seems pretty ideal to me. I was thinking the same; roughly 4 hours between 6pm-10pm on Friday.

So, how's about we do this, eh?! Im excited to get some paint on!
MrScotty
Officer
Name: Scott Mechler
Armies: All of Them

Postby MrScotty » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:30 pm

CHAPLAIN T wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:25 pm
That seems pretty ideal to me. I was thinking the same; roughly 4 hours between 6pm-10pm on Friday.

So, how's about we do this, eh?! Im excited to get some paint on!
I'll be coming this Friday!
Game Preferences:
A model may assault upper levels of terrain if they charge far enough to climb them
All current beta rules in effect unless opponent prefers otherwise
I love setting up custom, fluffy scenarios, PM me!
CHAPLAIN T

Postby CHAPLAIN T » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:05 pm

FUCK YEAH.

I'll be bringing my fledgling Adeptus Custodes detachment. They're getting close to finished, but I could really use this kick in the ass to get 'em done!

If there's enough interest, I'll research what it would take to illuminate a big community painting table using LED light strips, nuts/bolts, and aluminium sheet. Failing that, everyone just bring your lamp. lol
Memento
Name: Anthony
Experience Level: Experienced
Armies: Thousand Sons, Daemons, Ultramarines

Postby Memento » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:32 am

CHAPLAIN T wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:43 pm

You said online meet up on Fridays. I assume you meant to say in person?

Just trying to be clear :D

I'm happy to take the lead on for a virtual hangouts on Monday nights. How does Monday the 25th sound for those interested?
CHAPLAIN T

Postby CHAPLAIN T » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:30 pm

Doh! Yes, you are correct. I typed "online", but really meant "in person". Whoops...

I'd be down for online meet ups, too, when and where I can. I'm very interested in getting in on that. So, yeah, if you wanna set up a Google Hangout or some such, sign me up!